BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Conceal Carry  (Read 40543 times)

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
Conceal Carry
« on: December 04, 2015, 07:45:34 AM »
I've had my permit for 22 years.  Used to always keep a G19 in my vehicle but never really carried.  About 5 years ago I started carrying more and more.  Now, I carry ALL the time.  The only time that I don't is at work or the gym.  If I leave work to go to lunch, the gun goes with me.

I bought Ruger LCP when they came out.  They're not a good shooting gun but it is something that I never even knew I had with me.  DeSantis pocket holster makes it disappear.  In October, I bought a G43.  I have 5 different holsters for it but I always know it's there.  I still can't get used to IWB holsters but the Alien Gear is definitely the most comfortable.  For an OWB, I have a Fobus Kydex that is easy to clip on and stays fairly close to my body.  I used to worry about guns printing, but lately I just don't give a shit.  Now that "winter" is here, it isn't a problem.

What are you guys carrying and how often?

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
Re: Conceal Carry
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 07:57:21 AM »
I carry every day.
I carry outside the waist with Black Point Tactical leather wing Holsters.

I carry a Glock 42 .380 or a Glock 26 9mm

I am buying this weekend a Glock 43 9mm

I also will be getting a Galco Ankle glove to try that

I did get a nice Galco leather holster to carry my Glock 19 if I am going to be in a crowded area  because it holds more rounds.
Bobby

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 08:19:52 AM »

I am buying this weekend a Glock 43 9mm

I also will be getting a Galco Ankle glove to try that

I did get a nice Galco leather holster to carry my Glock 19 if I am going to be in a crowded area  because it holds more rounds.

I have a DeSantis pocket holster for the G43 and it works good with loose pants, great with cargo shorts.

I have a Galco leather holster for my G19 as well.  Keeps it close.  I just don't like to have to remove my belt to put it on.

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 08:24:29 AM »
carry my small .38 alot.   in church, to the store.  i had been leaving in locked in my jeep at work, but lately i'm thinking about violating my companys policy and just keeping it concealed ..   and feeling better about my personal protection.

not sure about all this policy stuff.   if someone comes in loaded to bear, with semi-auto's etc.  people are going to die, personally i would feel better if im hold up someplace, and they barge in.  .  .  I want to shoot back, i'm pretty sure that would deter them, .   and personally if folks knew its ok to carry, im 100% sure that 99% of the crazys would think twice before attempting to kill people that had the ability to shoot back.   

when will companys and business learn
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 08:28:46 AM »
My opinion when you conceal carry and do it well carry it everywhere. Maybe the only place would be a government building where they have police wanting people on entry.
Bobby

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 08:29:34 AM »
I bought this to conceal but I am trying to sell now.
Bobby

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 08:49:45 AM »
110% with Bobby that if you conceal well, then carry anywhere you want, screw their policies if it is actually concealed then no one is the wiser, and if something went down id much rather go to court than in the ground. My wifes employer is super anti carry and I bought her a purse with a concealed pocket that zips so there is no way they would ever know, but it has taken a while to get her to actually put it in there and go in with it.

I didnt get serious about carrying everywhere till i got a 1911 commander with a bobtail that was comfortable, but i went thru several holsters before i found what would work all day.. but now i have swapped to a G19 that has a good bit of personal touches, stippling, night sights, ghost trigger, and I carry it in a Haley Strategic IWB holster that can be carried lotsa different ways, but is meant for appendix carry. One in the pipe pointed at your man jewels takes a lil while to get used to tho, so it rides at 3o'clock unless the clothes arent right to cover. But when I say daily carry I mean ALL day in this shop, dealing with customers doing estimates, rolling around under stuff working, welding, painting.. One of the main reasons I swapped from the 1911 is how nasty it would get just in a few days time, something that wouldnt bother the Glock at all.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 08:55:53 AM »
Yes unfortunately you will probably end up buying several holsters till you find what fits your body the best and the best position.  I carry OWB About 5oclock on the kidney area.
Bobby

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 08:58:40 AM »
Kimber pro carry 2 for EDC with a SOB holster or paddle holster.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 09:04:42 AM »
I have a number of pistols that I keep "nearby".  Glock G22 in my bedroom.  A G19 in the living room, kitchen, garage and take it with me in the car or jeep.  Also have a mid size Ruger SR9c.  I have tried to carry the SR9c and the G19 and just have not found a comfortable way to holster them.  Trying holsters gets expensive but I am not going to give up, I'll keep trying.

I am going to try the Glock G43, single stack for carry.  Plan to pick it up this month hopefully with a holster based on some of the feedback here and on other sites. I also plan to try the ankle holster.  My dad carries the G42 on an ankle holster and really likes it.

The fact of the matter on the theory of protecting yourself with a gun is that you need to have it when something goes wrong...and you don't get to pick the time and place when shit goes down.  Keeping one in the car and then not having it with you when you are out and about just doesn't cut it. I need to get proactive on finding a safe and comfortable way to CC all the time.

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 09:50:42 AM »
I need something smaller to carry. I  have mostly full size.

See where someone posted carry in a church. I know that use to be against the rules, it changed?
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline 94xjsport94

• Visitor
  • Cherocar
Conceal Carry
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2015, 09:59:28 AM »
The 43 was just too fat for me. The S&W fits in my hand and feels good compared to the 43 and Ruger LC9. I have the shield in the 9mm with the +1 mag. I cannot stand to not have my entire hand on a handgun.

Is there a state law that says you can't carry in any church? Called CC for a reason... Lol
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 09:59:45 AM by 94xjsport94 »
Will

94 seXj

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM