BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Conceal Carry  (Read 40520 times)

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
Re: Conceal Carry
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2015, 10:13:33 AM »
A good friend of mine is a retired preacher and he carried every single Sunday while preaching.  When those people in SC were murdered at Bible study I texted him and said, "that guy wouldn't have walked out of your bible study", he replied "nope".

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2015, 10:16:45 AM »
I love my S&W MP9c.  Works for me as a carry and still a decent capacity if things go bad.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline prjohnson

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2015, 01:30:19 PM »
I'm looking for something for my wife. Narrowed it down to a Sig P238. It needs to be able to fit in her purse. Before I bite the bullet, do ya'll have any suggestions on a compact pistol?
Perry

Offline Enoch_R00t

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2015, 02:27:10 PM »
I'm happy to see this discussion occurring.
It actually warms my heart on this chilly fall day.

Carry on  //SLAMIN//

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2015, 03:58:28 PM »
My first choice is Glock 19.  Sometimes I'll opt for a single stack (listed in declining size and capacity) - Kahr P9, S&W M&P Shield 9mm and Kahr PM 9.  Have a full size M&P 9 but more of a house gun.  All have either Trijicon or Meprolight night sights.  I have a Milt Sparks VM-II for every gun I carry in addition to some other holsters for specialized use.  And yes I have a "box a holsters" acquired from the standardization process.

As far as how often I go through phases.  I have been working to get back in the habit of carrying as much as I can.  Work is a problem for me but not really up for discussion.
Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
Conceal Carry
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2015, 09:36:37 PM »
The 43 was just too fat for me.

The 43 is too fat? It's a pretty skinny single stack.

Is there a state law that says you can't carry in any church? Called CC for a reason... Lol

Georgia just passed a law during the 2014 session  that allows CC in bars, church's, government buildings(that don't require weapons checks) airport common areas and schools . CC is allowed unless the bar, church, school board  or public building specifically deny guns on the property.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 09:47:06 PM by tcdawg »

Offline 94xjsport94

• Visitor
  • Cherocar
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2015, 09:55:15 PM »
The shield just felt better in my hand compared to the 43, IMO. It was my next choice minus the price difference from where I bought.
Will

94 seXj

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2015, 10:30:03 PM »

The shield just felt better in my hand compared to the 43, IMO. It was my next choice minus the price difference from where I bought.

I hear you. I'm a big believer in using what feels good to the hand. I had just never heard anyone say the 43 felt fat. Is your Shield a single stack?

Offline ATLSRT8

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2015, 10:45:26 PM »
Glock 43 with the Taran tactical +2 base pad will be my next CC. Also an insane kydex creations IWB holster. G19, kimber ultra carry II, ruger sr9c, and kimber solo have been some of my past CCs.

Offline 94xjsport94

• Visitor
  • Cherocar
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2015, 01:40:47 AM »

I hear you. I'm a big believer in using what feels good to the hand. I had just never heard anyone say the 43 felt fat. Is your Shield a single stack?

I don't know if fat is the right word. Who knows. It is a single stack.
Will

94 seXj

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2015, 01:50:36 AM »

Is there a state law that says you can't carry in any church? Called CC for a reason... Lol

Georgia just passed a law during the 2014 session  that allows CC in bars, church's, government buildings(that don't require weapons checks) airport common areas and schools . CC is allowed unless the bar, church, school board  or public building specifically deny guns on the property.
They must ask you to leave correct? The "no guns allowed zone" signs still hold no weight, correct?
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2015, 08:07:40 AM »

They must ask you to leave correct? The "no guns allowed zone" signs still hold no weight, correct?

No

When the "no guns" sign is posted you are breaking the law by having a gun on the property. Your choice of course but if found it is a trespassing violation.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM