BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Conceal Carry  (Read 40558 times)

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
Re: Conceal Carry
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2015, 08:20:10 AM »
By law if you carry in a bar you can't drink Alcohol
Bobby

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2015, 03:16:18 PM »
That SIG P238 is really nice...
Jonathan, Wendy, Avery Lee, Brann

2011 JKU
2001 XJ

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2015, 04:22:48 PM »
That is one law I can understand.
I've been contemplating CC for around 15 years. I'd feel weird with it on me in public. Is that a natural feeling that any of you fellers had to overcome?
I'm a firm believer in "better to have it & not need it than need it & not have it".

The only time I really want to have it is when I travel south of Buford. Dem guys down there is crazy.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 04:23:33 PM by Big Dave »

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2015, 04:40:39 PM »

True in Florida but not true in GA

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/georgias-carry-laws-explained/frequently-asked-questions/

Q: Can I carry at a Bar?
A: HB60 decriminalized carrying in bars for Georgia Weapons License holders. However, individual bar owners have the option of asking you to leave their establishment if they do not wish for you to carry there. Should a business owner or his agent ask you to leave while you are carrying a firearm, do so immediately, or as soon as reasonably possible. Failure to leave within a reasonable time, or refusing to leave, is a criminal offense known as “criminal trespass.” In addition, please maintain a polite demeanor so as to project a good image of yourself and other GCO members to the business owner and any witnesses even when being asked to leave.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 04:43:17 PM by BigMike »

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2015, 04:44:40 PM »
Glock 43 with the Taran tactical +2 base pad will be my next CC. Also an insane kydex creations IWB holster. G19, kimber ultra carry II, ruger sr9c, and kimber solo have been some of my past CCs.

I have the Taran Tactical +1 for my G43 which is now my main CC.

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2015, 05:31:29 PM »
As far as alcohol goes the only thing I have found documented is that you can't discharge a firearm while under the influence.  Can't find anything that says you can't carry.

With said see ...... see signature.
Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Offline BeerIAm

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2015, 07:04:20 PM »
For a concealed carry, does it have to be on your person or could it be in your bag like a computer bag?  Found out recently my work has a policy of no guns even in your car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
2013 JKU

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2015, 07:13:54 PM »
Almost any workplace will have that restriction.  Keep it in your car and never let anyone see it. 
Jonathan, Wendy, Avery Lee, Brann

2011 JKU
2001 XJ

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2015, 08:37:50 PM »
Have the stuff I read says you can carry in a bar now and drink and some days you can't. I see a lot of firing with alcohol consumption is illegal
Bobby

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2015, 11:58:23 PM »
Have the stuff I read says you can carry in a bar now and drink and some days you can't. I see a lot of firing with alcohol consumption is illegal

ill always resort to my comment about better to be in court than to be dead..
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2015, 08:34:08 PM »
Two part post.

1.  For those that have a Glock 43 is the trigger pretty much like other Glock models?  The pull and the reset on follow up shots?

2.  I feel like we need to clarify some legality concerns.
Churches - you can carry if the Pastor/Minister, whoever is in charge, says it's OK.  It's not a blanket legal place to carry.
Schools.  Schools now have the legal ability to give individuals (teachers/employees) the ability to carry on premise.  Same as Churches not blanket legal place to carry for permit holders.
Government Buildings.  Legal to carry in buildings that do not have security screening in place.

Of course do your own research but that's my take based on read I have read.
Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2015, 08:36:02 AM »
If you truly carry for defensive purposes, then nobody should know you're carrying.  If the need ever arises that you need to defend your life, who the fuk cares if you're "allowed" to have a gun there or not.

I've been to 3 concerts at Philips this year and carried every single time.  I'm sure they have a policy against it that I'm not aware of, but IDGAF.  I'm never worried about anything happening inside, it's walking to and from that is the issue.  Several years ago a friend of a friend was leaving Philips with his wife and 2 kids after some kid event there, a black man put a gun in his face and made him turn over the keys, jewelry, and wallets.  Fortunately they lived through it.  Given the IQ of the robber, he was arrested that night living up in a suite at the Swisshotel on the guy's credit cards.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM