BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Conceal Carry  (Read 40556 times)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: Conceal Carry
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2015, 08:49:53 AM »
If you truly carry for defensive purposes, then nobody should know you're carrying.  If the need ever arises that you need to defend your life, who the fuk cares if you're "allowed" to have a gun there or not.

I've been to 3 concerts at Philips this year and carried every single time.  I'm sure they have a policy against it that I'm not aware of, but IDGAF.  I'm never worried about anything happening inside, it's walking to and from that is the issue.  Several years ago a friend of a friend was leaving Philips with his wife and 2 kids after some kid event there, a black man put a gun in his face and made him turn over the keys, jewelry, and wallets.  Fortunately they lived through it.  Given the IQ of the robber, he was arrested that night living up in a suite at the Swisshotel on the guy's credit cards.

Going into the dome they use a metal detector wand on you, so I don't see how you could carry into the dome.

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2015, 09:22:13 AM »
If you truly carry for defensive purposes, then nobody should know you're carrying.  If the need ever arises that you need to defend your life, who the fuk cares if you're "allowed" to have a gun there or not.

I've been to 3 concerts at Philips this year and carried every single time.  I'm sure they have a policy against it that I'm not aware of, but IDGAF.  I'm never worried about anything happening inside, it's walking to and from that is the issue.  Several years ago a friend of a friend was leaving Philips with his wife and 2 kids after some kid event there, a black man put a gun in his face and made him turn over the keys, jewelry, and wallets.  Fortunately they lived through it.  Given the IQ of the robber, he was arrested that night living up in a suite at the Swisshotel on the guy's credit cards.

Going into the dome they use a metal detector wand on you, so I don't see how you could carry into the dome.

Philips for concerts.  The NFL makes each stadium have metal detectors, etc.  There is a group trying to get the NFL to allow conceal carry at games.  You used to be able to conceal carry at Braves games but you had to go through a special entrance where they checked your permit.  Not sure if they still allow that.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2015, 09:42:26 AM »
You used to be able to conceal carry at Braves games but you had to go through a special entrance where they checked your permit.  Not sure if they still allow that.

That would require half the gates to be CC Gates now.

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2015, 08:53:31 PM »
Picked this up on the way home tonight.  Cant wait to get to the range. My preferred holster is 8-12 week wait. Need a plan B in interim.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Offline 94xjsport94

• Visitor
  • Cherocar
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2015, 10:56:52 PM »

The shield just felt better in my hand compared to the 43, IMO. It was my next choice minus the price difference from where I bought.

I hear you. I'm a big believer in using what feels good to the hand. I had just never heard anyone say the 43 felt fat. Is your Shield a single stack?

I don't know what I was smoking as to why I said the 43 was fat. What a goober. I'm looking at either a Glock 17 or a M&P 9 for a full size carry now. Finally applied for a carry permit this morning after dragging my feet for months. Should get it in about 3 weeks or so.

Took my mom to the store tonight to let her pick one out. She liked the Ruger Lc9 with the Crimson trace but I think the 9mm was too much for her being as she hasn't shot in years and isn't comfortable around them. Going to let her shoot a .380 Ruger and see how that feels next. The ruger shoots great but it's too small for my hand.
Will

94 seXj

Offline prjohnson

• Visitor
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2015, 07:24:51 AM »
Making the trek to the Gwinnett gun show this weekend. Hoping to find a decent deal on the P238.
Perry

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2015, 07:34:14 AM »
Making the trek to the Gwinnett gun show this weekend. Hoping to find a decent deal on the P238.

Before buying a P238, I would highly recommend looking at the P938.  The size difference is negligible and it's 9mm.  Dawsonville Gun & Pawn has a SMOKING deal on them.  $499 and it includes ared dot laser sight.  If my wish list wasn't so long for my Jeep, I'd grab one. 

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2015, 07:37:54 AM »
Picked this up on the way home tonight.  Cant wait to get to the range. My preferred holster is 8-12 week wait. Need a plan B in interim.

SWEET!  What holster are you getting?  IWB, OWB, make?????

I've bought 5 so far for my G43.  If you want a very simple holster to tide you over, look at the MIC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9m_DBxPYSE
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 07:39:34 AM by BigMike »

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2015, 08:41:15 AM »
They dont make a MIC for my gun, so i ordered a Beaver's Holsters Taco Kydex Holster

! No longer available
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 08:42:35 AM by kent10sne1 »
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2015, 08:43:28 AM »

SWEET!  What holster are you getting?  IWB, OWB, make?????

I've bought 5 so far for my G43.  If you want a very simple holster to tide you over, look at the MIC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9m_DBxPYSE

Which ones have you bought for the 43. My 43 is due in any day. I am going to try an IWB
Bobby

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2015, 08:56:00 AM »

Which ones have you bought for the 43. My 43 is due in any day. I am going to try an IWB

Alien Gear IWB - very comfortable if I'm carrying all day
DeSantis Pocket Holster - great for grab and go.  fits well in cargo shorts or back pocket of jeans
DeSantis Soft Tuck IWB - great grab and go for jeans.  I added a UTILCLIP to it
MIC - haven't used it yet
Fobus GL-43 Paddle - Most comfortable of them all and great to just clip on and go.  Not great concealment but i'll use it the most during the winter.

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2015, 08:57:18 AM »
I have looked at the Alien. I have been looking at the Black Point Tactical Mini wing IWB
Bobby

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM