OTHER INTERESTS > Guns & Self Defense

Conceal Carry

<< < (2/65) > >>

cru9:
I bought this to conceal but I am trying to sell now.

8lugLJ:
110% with Bobby that if you conceal well, then carry anywhere you want, screw their policies if it is actually concealed then no one is the wiser, and if something went down id much rather go to court than in the ground. My wifes employer is super anti carry and I bought her a purse with a concealed pocket that zips so there is no way they would ever know, but it has taken a while to get her to actually put it in there and go in with it.

I didnt get serious about carrying everywhere till i got a 1911 commander with a bobtail that was comfortable, but i went thru several holsters before i found what would work all day.. but now i have swapped to a G19 that has a good bit of personal touches, stippling, night sights, ghost trigger, and I carry it in a Haley Strategic IWB holster that can be carried lotsa different ways, but is meant for appendix carry. One in the pipe pointed at your man jewels takes a lil while to get used to tho, so it rides at 3o'clock unless the clothes arent right to cover. But when I say daily carry I mean ALL day in this shop, dealing with customers doing estimates, rolling around under stuff working, welding, painting.. One of the main reasons I swapped from the 1911 is how nasty it would get just in a few days time, something that wouldnt bother the Glock at all.

cru9:
Yes unfortunately you will probably end up buying several holsters till you find what fits your body the best and the best position.  I carry OWB About 5oclock on the kidney area.

lt99ls1:
Kimber pro carry 2 for EDC with a SOB holster or paddle holster.

tcdawg:
I have a number of pistols that I keep "nearby".  Glock G22 in my bedroom.  A G19 in the living room, kitchen, garage and take it with me in the car or jeep.  Also have a mid size Ruger SR9c.  I have tried to carry the SR9c and the G19 and just have not found a comfortable way to holster them.  Trying holsters gets expensive but I am not going to give up, I'll keep trying.

I am going to try the Glock G43, single stack for carry.  Plan to pick it up this month hopefully with a holster based on some of the feedback here and on other sites. I also plan to try the ankle holster.  My dad carries the G42 on an ankle holster and really likes it.

The fact of the matter on the theory of protecting yourself with a gun is that you need to have it when something goes wrong...and you don't get to pick the time and place when shit goes down.  Keeping one in the car and then not having it with you when you are out and about just doesn't cut it. I need to get proactive on finding a safe and comfortable way to CC all the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version