BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: AR newbie  (Read 12411 times)

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: AR newbie
« Reply #120 on: August 28, 2020, 07:28:39 PM »
Took a few days to make a decision, but I picked up an empty lower.

If any of you have built or upgraded and kept the take offs and you want to get rid of them, post up or shoot me a PM

Just a couple days 😂

Give or take haha

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2020, 06:55:46 AM »
What's the plan?

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2020, 09:33:25 AM »
What's the plan?

Basic parts for now, nothing fancy. I've got the lower squared away, along with the stock, buffer, and bcg. Just need to find the upper stuff and assemble.

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2020, 09:45:37 AM »
What's the plan?

Basic parts for now, nothing fancy. I've got the lower squared away, along with the stock, buffer, and bcg. Just need to find the upper stuff and assemble.

If it takes as long to build the AR as the buggy, the revolution will be over by the time you're done.    lmao lmao

What is your budget?  For as much as you'll actually use it, why not just pick one up?  So many deals out there.  You won't notice the difference shooting it.

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2020, 09:59:07 AM »
What's the plan?

If it takes as long to build the AR as the buggy, the revolution will be over by the time you're done.    lmao lmao

What is your budget?  For as much as you'll actually use it, why not just pick one up?  So many deals out there.  You won't notice the difference shooting it.

I sold the jeep in March, but I'm pretty sure I've seen more trails this year than you

My budget is $32, and I'm just waiting on the right parts. Also, I'm not seeing many cheap rifles to "pick up." Most places I see are sold out or back ordered. My local shop (where I got the lower) had only 3 more lowers, and the cheapest complete gun was around 1800.

I could pick one up, but then I wouldn't get the joy of learning something new. Same reason I didn't buy a buggy or just drop off the parts at my buddy's shop

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2020, 10:07:45 AM »
What's the plan?

I sold the jeep in March, but I'm pretty sure I've seen more trails this year than you

My budget is $32, and I'm just waiting on the right parts. Also, I'm not seeing many cheap rifles to "pick up." Most places I see are sold out or back ordered. My local shop (where I got the lower) had only 3 more lowers, and the cheapest complete gun was around 1800.

I could pick one up, but then I wouldn't get the joy of learning something new. Same reason I didn't buy a buggy or just drop off the parts at my buddy's shop

True on availability.  budsguns.com  The biggest headache will be buying ammo. 

You won't learn anymore than you would by completely disassembling a new AR. 

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #126 on: November 03, 2020, 09:55:20 AM »
Finished the AR pistol. Its a fully semi-auto ghost gun that shoots all the calibers, 1-50. May upload a picture later

Flip up sights for now, but will probably add a red dot at some point.

WTB: red dot sight. Let me know if you got one

« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 10:00:13 AM by patman »

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #127 on: November 03, 2020, 10:39:37 AM »
Finished the AR pistol. Its a fully semi-auto ghost gun that shoots all the calibers, 1-50. May upload a picture later

Flip up sights for now, but will probably add a red dot at some point.

WTB: red dot sight. Let me know if you got one
Not for sale, but check out the Vortex Strikefire 2
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #128 on: November 03, 2020, 10:40:40 AM »
Cherokee Gun and Pwn advertised one for $40
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport