OTHER INTERESTS > Guns & Self Defense

AR newbie

<< < (2/27) > >>

patman:

--- Quote from: cru9 on December 06, 2015, 11:05:21 PM ---All I can say is buy buy buy. Went to the gun show today down in Forest Park. Everybody was buying and prices are rising.

--- End quote ---

Any recommendations? I priced a Palmetto setup for ~650. Looks like Spikes for 800ish. DPMS is mid $500, but the reviews are so-so

cru9:
All I buy is Spikes stuff. Very good quality and everything goes together well. I stay away from Bushmaster, Anderson, PSA. It all depends on what you want to spend and what your using it for. Look at Aero Precision. They make a lot of stuff for other companies

BigMike:
Have to agree with this article.  http://www.gormogons.com/index.php/2013/06/gun-review-bushmaster-xm-15/

I own a Bushmaster ORC with an EoTech holographic sight.  Great quality, deadly accurate. 

I'm by no means an AR expert, but do know for what you'll use the rifle/carbine for 99% of the time, don't get caught up in the fanboy aspect of it.  Buy a good quality product and enjoy it.  Build vs. Buy.  Personally, if it was my only AR, I'd buy.  Guns are like money in the bank.  If you ever need quick money, you can always sell one.  It will be more difficult to sell one that you built over one that was purchased whole.

I bought mine from a friend that was selling it.  He bought it, owned it 5 years and only put 200 rounds through it.  With that said, if I would have bought it new, I would have certainly looked at Spikes Tactical.

kent10sne1:
I'm looking to build one of these, not sure where to start or how much i will spend.   looking to keep the cost under 800 if possible.   

anyone know a good site to look that will help me put one together.   

cru9:
This is my latest creation

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version