BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Gun Shops/Ranges - Anti Carry  (Read 2872 times)

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
Gun Shops/Ranges - Anti Carry
« on: December 09, 2015, 12:49:19 PM »
Is it just me or others bothered by gun shops and ranges that post signs saying no carry/no loaded weapons?  I personally think this is bad business and bad for the RKBA cause.  They will sell you guns, ammo, training and range time but then don't want you to carry in their establishment.  The common answer is that they are concerned about someone drawing their gun to test a holster or for whatever other reason.

I get the whole "carry anywhere" idea but that's not what this is about.  To me it says if the people selling guns and training the owners don't want them carrying why should anyone else?

There is a shop/range 10 minutes from my house that I try to avoid for this reason.  It would be so convenient for a quick trip to the range but I don't feel like supporting them.

Any other thoughts?  Am I missing something or being to critical?
Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: Gun Shops/Ranges - Anti Carry
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 01:06:29 PM »
Because of dum asses like I showed in the other thread in the video carrying loaded in the shop and didn't really even know, and could easily kill someone.  Just a high rate of gun handling by the general public and they don't want to get shot. 

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 01:16:42 PM »
I won't go to a gun shop that has a no carry policy. 

Sharp Shooters in Alpharetta/Roswell allows carrying.  Bullseye in Cumming doesn't allow carrying in their store.

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 01:47:20 PM »
I think the reasoning is that people (shoppers and employees) in gun shops ASSume all the guns are on display and not loaded. Would be bad to test out that new holster and in the meantime set a loaded gun on the the table that some moron picks up thinking it's empty.

Or... walk in with an empty holster, look at some pistols and wait for the clerk to get busy, walk out with new gun on your hip?

Offline Jeepster1407

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 02:20:48 PM »
I think the reasoning is that people (shoppers and employees) in gun shops ASSume all the guns are on display and not loaded. Would be bad to test out that new holster and in the meantime set a loaded gun on the the table that some moron picks up thinking it's empty.

Your probably right. Not everyone thinks like us when it comes to weapons. Treat every gun as if its loaded until YOU have determined it isn't.
Most LCOG Builds are like a fat girl in Yoga Pants, just cause it fits doesn't mean it works...

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 02:32:49 PM »
Any of you guys remember Nick's Guns in Marietta?  It is something else now but they have a range.

I was in there about 5 years ago using the range.  These two girls were next to me and didn't have the first clue what they were doing and broke every gun rule ever written.  After 2 minutes of watching them, I went up front to the counter and told the ranger officer that those two were going to end up killing someone. 

Dawsonville Gun and Pawn allows carrying in their store.

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 02:39:13 PM »
I won't go to a gun shop that has a no carry policy. 

Sharp Shooters in Alpharetta/Roswell allows carrying.  Bullseye in Cumming doesn't allow carrying in their store.

Did Sharp Shooters change their policy?  I could have sworn the last/only time I went there they didn't.  That's been over a year though.

Bullseye is the one near me.  I'm left to either drive to Buford on the weekend to Dead Center Indoor Range or go to Norcross Gun Club and Range during or after work.  I may break down and use the Bullseye Range this weekend to get some rounds through the new G43.
Mark
1998 TJ with more mods

Online jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 03:33:39 PM »
@Michigunman - have you checked out the range in Johns Creek off McGinnis Ferry?  It's behind the plaza with the Dunkin Donuts.  I have driven by it but haven't checked it out.  Not sure how far that is for you. 

John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 04:35:23 PM »
@Michigunman - have you checked out the range in Johns Creek off McGinnis Ferry?  It's behind the plaza with the Dunkin Donuts.  I have driven by it but haven't checked it out.  Not sure how far that is for you. 

I'm not familiar with that one either John.  It's about 30 minutes from me same as Buford. I'll probably check it out on my way home one evening.

Thanks
Mark
1998 TJ with more mods

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 05:49:12 PM »
They up graded the range due to a fire and two people went in rented guns and killed themselves in the range
Bobby

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2015, 06:03:11 PM »
They up graded the range due to a fire and two people went in rented guns and killed themselves in the range

Suicide?

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2015, 06:03:59 PM »
Yep twice
Bobby

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM