BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Gun Shops/Ranges - Anti Carry  (Read 2859 times)

Offline ATLSRT8

• Visitor
Re: Gun Shops/Ranges - Anti Carry
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2015, 06:34:13 PM »
@Michigunman - have you checked out the range in Johns Creek off McGinnis Ferry?  It's behind the plaza with the Dunkin Donuts.  I have driven by it but haven't checked it out.  Not sure how far that is for you. 

I'm not familiar with that one either John.  It's about 30 minutes from me same as Buford. I'll probably check it out on my way home one evening.

Thanks

I am right between Bullseye and the Johns Creek indoor range. I have stopped going to Bullseye all together. I do all my shooting at the new Johns Creek range located at Old Atlanta/Mcginnis

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2015, 10:48:31 PM »

Any of you guys remember Nick's Guns in Marietta?  It is something else now but they have a range.

Haven't been there in ~6mo but it's GA Firing Line.  They upgraded the range a bit since then.  It was a pretty good store.  Had some nice cashiers to look at as well.  Not models but better than the normal gunshop commando.

I go to shoot at Georgia Firing Line. Good place to go.

Years ago I thought it was called Fred's?  Was it Nicks?

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2015, 07:50:17 AM »

Any of you guys remember Nick's Guns in Marietta?  It is something else now but they have a range.

Haven't been there in ~6mo but it's GA Firing Line.  They upgraded the range a bit since then.  It was a pretty good store.  Had some nice cashiers to look at as well.  Not models but better than the normal gunshop commando.

I moved to ATL in '93 and it was Bud's or Bob's or something that started with a B.  Then it was Nick's. 

I moved into a new neighborhood in Acworth/Kennesaw in early Dec '94.  Had painters in doing punch list work.  I couldn't keep my eye on all of them.  One of them found my guns that I hadn't put up yet (still hadn't unpacked) and stole a brand new Beretta 92FS Stainless and a bunch of jewelry.  I didn't realize it for 2 weeks.  The guy was on parole and sold it for $75.  The cops got him and he went back to jail.  The gun was never recovered.

I called around for prices for the insurance company and Bud's/Bob's was the highest priced gun shop anywhere.  This was back when guns didn't sell anywhere near list price but he was almost full list price.  After that, I didn't go there for years until it was Nick's.  Always thought of the place as a ripoff.

I had the slide of my Ruger LCP Cerokoted at GA Firing Line.  They did a damn good job for only $65.  Now that I think about it, their price on the G43 was $10 less than I paid.  It would have saved me from driving all the way to Dawsonville.

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2015, 07:50:47 AM »
It was Ed's gun and tackle then Nick's and now Ga Fire Line
Bobby

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2015, 07:52:23 AM »
It was Ed's gun and tackle then Nick's and now Ga Fire Line

BINGO - Ed's!!!!!!!

Online clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2015, 07:53:58 AM »

I moved to ATL in '93 and it was Bud's or Bob's or something that started with a B. 

Whenever I do that, be assured it starts with some other letter...almost never fails.

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2015, 08:08:09 AM »

Whenever I do that, be assured it starts with some other letter...almost never fails.

- Torg

B / E ... they rhyme  220/221, whatever it takes :)

Offline Enoch_R00t

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2015, 03:11:49 PM »
I can see the logic behind not allowing loaded firearms in the store. There is an implied assumption that the clientele don't understand proper firearms safety. Or that some excited young buck is going to whip out his blaster to show someone else in the store and AD.

This made sense to me until I walked in my LGS and watched a sales person painting customers with an AK pattern rifle from behind the counter. Obviously the asshole behind the counter knew as much about gun safety as the average gun owner.

There are idiots every where.

Offline gint2

• Visitor
  • RAINMAN - 18436572
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2015, 05:26:43 PM »

I can see the logic behind not allowing loaded firearms in the store. There is an implied assumption that the clientele don't understand proper firearms safety. Or that some excited young buck is going to whip out his blaster to show someone else in the store and AD.

This made sense to me until I walked in my LGS and watched a sales person painting customers with an AK pattern rifle from behind the counter. Obviously the asshole behind the counter knew as much about gun safety as the average gun owner.

There are idiots every where.

I would have called him out right there on the spot.  No asking for a manager, just a good old fashion ass chewing. Then walked out.   

To the topic, I know when I'm in a gun store, I'm feeling a bit safer knowing the sign says no loaded weapons.  There are a lot of yahoos out there and I don't want to fall victim to some asshat that doesn't know how to handle his pee shooter. At least in the range lanes, most of the time the business end is pointed down range. 

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
JK-AJ

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2015, 06:29:42 PM »
The Fox Hole in Gainesville has a sign that says "Concealed weapons are welcome here, just keep them in the holster unless the need arises & then accurate marksmanship is appreciated."

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM