OTHER INTERESTS > Grillin' & Chillin'

What I learned about brisket, and my smoker, this weekend

<< < (2/5) > >>

DOUG:
We're about to sear some fresh yellow fin Tuna we caught today.  I've eaten a lot but never seared my own.

clark123456:

--- Quote from: Doug on December 27, 2015, 07:31:51 PM ---We're about to sear some fresh yellow fin Tuna we caught today.  I've eaten a lot but never seared my own.

--- End quote ---
you know to seat the filet and then slice it.  Ask me how I know..LOL

- Torg

clark123456:
This morning Kell requested another brisket.  Of course, Costco is closed, so I'm suffering through a brisket flat from publix.  I didn't realize it was just a flat until I got home; My hopes for this one aren't as high as last time.  It is Choice, but I'm going to miss 'the point'.

I'll watch the chamber temp a lot closer this time so it can be done in a reasonable about of time, but I'm going low, slow, and no opening the door until it is done.  Salt and pepper rub, just like last time.

I'll be bringing some tomorrow for lunch, if it is decent.

- Torg

clark123456:

--- Quote from: BigPrince on January 01, 2016, 10:03:12 AM ---
--- Quote from: clark123456 on January 01, 2016, 09:54:10 AM ---This morning Kell requested another brisket.  Of course, Costco is closed, so I'm suffering through a brisket flat from publix.  I didn't realize it was just a flat until I got home; My hopes for this one aren't as high as last time.  It is Choice, but I'm going to miss 'the point'.

I'll watch the chamber temp a lot closer this time so it can be done in a reasonable about of time, but I'm going low, slow, and no opening the door until it is done.  Salt and pepper rub, just like last time.

I'll be bringing some tomorrow for lunch, if it is decent.

- Torg

--- End quote ---

Can't tell if it's a lefty or righty?

--- End quote ---
I think it is a right side...time to turn off the smoker and throw the meat away.

I'll try again on Sunday.

- Torg

Raisinhead:
The flat is the cut that I screwed up. Let us know how it is

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version