BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Linked Events

• MORRIS MTN ORV PARK & CAMPGROUND: February 19, 2016 - February 20, 2016

Author Topic: FEBRUARY 19TH - 21ST : MORRIS MTN ORV PARK & CAMPGROUND - DISCUSSION ONLY  (Read 24359 times)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: FEBRUARY 19TH - 21ST : MORRIS MTN ORV PARK & CAMPGROUND - DISCUSSION ONLY
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2016, 08:59:31 AM »
Yes, if you will read this thread the secret will be found, but I'll share, there is a race there that was announced after we planned our ride.  Carry on.  Tread Lightly. 

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2016, 11:18:22 AM »
Is there any reason this was changed from Choccolocco? I think that park has better camping...maybe a better ride come spring time.

If you are new to rock crawling/wheeling you will probably be better off at MM. Coccolocco has a lot of loose rocks and vertical hill climbs, where MM is easier to navigate and bypass the really hard stuff.
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2016, 11:32:15 AM »

Is there any reason this was changed from Choccolocco? I think that park has better camping...maybe a better ride come spring time.

If you are new to rock crawling/wheeling you will probably be better off at MM. Coccolocco has a lot of loose rocks and vertical hill climbs, where MM is easier to navigate and bypass the really hard stuff.

I agree MM has a lot of areas to so call get you feet wet and is very easy to be close by and watch the action
Bobby

Online jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2016, 11:48:36 AM »
After spending this past Sat at Chocco.  There is still lots of loose rocks on several trails (Tee Pee being the worst) and it's crazy how much a line can change after each rig.

I will say that overall Chocco has improved from the last time I was there last year.  Better signage and they are also now using the Avenza PDF map application so you can track yourself via GPS on the map.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2016, 12:33:02 PM »
After spending this past Sat at Chocco.  There is still lots of loose rocks on several trails (Tee Pee being the worst) and it's crazy how much a line can change after each rig.

I will say that overall Chocco has improved from the last time I was there last year.  Better signage and they are also now using the Avenza PDF map application so you can track yourself via GPS on the map.
And off the map :)  But yeah mapping is much better overall.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Online jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2016, 01:00:42 PM »

Good point. The ledges were a mystery but thankfully we had Shane with us.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2016, 01:23:31 PM »

I thought I was the long distance ledge navigator?

my feelings are hurt

Online jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2016, 01:43:11 PM »

my feelings are hurt
Shane is code name for Tony...  We couldn't have found them without both of you...
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2016, 01:54:46 PM »

my feelings are hurt
Shane is code name for Tony...  We couldn't have found them without both of you...

I feel better now

Offline Cleveland99

• Visitor
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2016, 05:17:20 PM »
So for future reference if you want to play on what being said as the Ledges leave base and go out Forney Rd toward Boatramp when you come to big clearing go left out toward the swamp n muddy hill take the path that's marked swamp it's a uphill climb then follow it toward the left at the top and they are on your left a little ways out

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2016, 07:04:13 PM »
I agree Chocco is getting better. TeePee has got crazy. I was shock how the entrance to the Rubicon has got easier.
Bobby

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2016, 07:23:13 PM »
So for future reference if you want to play on what being said as the Ledges leave base and go out Forney Rd toward Boatramp when you come to big clearing go left out toward the swamp n muddy hill take the path that's marked swamp it's a uphill climb then follow it toward the left at the top and they are on your left a little ways out

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
the sign on the ground stated, "Rock Ledges"

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM