BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Reliable Jeep shop near Atlanta?  (Read 2754 times)

Offline grafixgrrl

• Visitor
    • My printing & graphics blog
Reliable Jeep shop near Atlanta?
« on: January 09, 2016, 11:41:58 AM »
My local Jeep dealership is OK for warranty maintenance appointments on my '14 JK. But in these days of "just read the code, then swap out the ECU," they've been less than stellar on my '98 TJ. I'm looking for a reliable, BS-free, Jeep-loving shop that I can depend on.

Any recommendations? I'm in Loganville, but will go anywhere for trustworthy folks. Thanks!

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
Re: Reliable Jeep shop near Atlanta?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 11:46:57 AM »
Allsouth is the only place I go. 
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Online clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 12:03:23 PM »
There are several around.  Just find their name, post up questions about specific shops, and someone will tell you what they are good for doing.  There are also a lot of knowledgeable folks on forums that can help diagnose a problem based on you telling them what you are hearing, seeing, and feeling.

I do some stuff myself, but I go to Allsouth Autosports (Buford) due to Danny, and the way he and his crew treat me and my Jeep. 

Regardless of who you use, it is best to make sure you are very explicit with what you want, preferably in writing, especially if you are going to be picky later.  Don't go in and say I want a 4" lift without stating how you intend to use the Jeep (show car, street car, rock crawler) because what you get may not meet all of your needs.  I find it best to do the research myself and basically let Allsouth be the parts supplier and provide expert labor; others just go to a Danny and say, "I want a 4" lift."

What you should keep in mind when doing custom work is that it is rarely done perfectly on the first attempt due to the nature of it being custom (most stuff will be done right, but something will rub, touch, or fail), but having a shop that fixes the problems after the fact (standing behind their work) is what really matters, to me.

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 04:40:35 PM »
Allsouth for all of my cars trucks and trailers

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 05:13:18 PM »
Another vote for Allsouth. Danny and his team have taken great care of my jeep and truck and they stand behind the work they do.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 06:17:34 PM »
Like said above. Go to Allsouth. They will get you fixed up
Bobby

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 12:08:29 AM »
Just make sure you do your research before dropping your Jeep off at a shop. We see/hear horror stories pretty often. Also do your research on which parts you want. You can go to 10 different shops and get 10 different opinions. Make sure the info you gets comes from experience, not what they make the most money on that week.
And yes we are always around if you need us. Thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline grafixgrrl

• Visitor
    • My printing & graphics blog
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 07:16:20 PM »
Thanks for the recommendations! Not looking to modify the TJ; just want trustworthy repairs. I'll drive up to AllSouth and get acquainted.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM