OTHER INTERESTS > Grillin' & Chillin'

Whole Brisket from Kroger

(1/3) > >>

clark123456:
Any of you ever had experience with Kroger's Private Selection Whole Brisket?  I grabbed one today, but I can't determine its grade.  I'll cook, and eat it, but I wanted to know what I should expect.

tcdawg:
The one that is shrink wrapped?  No. Let us know what you think of it.

I have had Kroger brisket from their butcher and prefer the Publix briskit.

I really like the Briskets from Findley's Butcher shop in Acworth but they are super proud of them. $9.99 a pound I think. Might have been $8.99...still a lot. 

Big Dave:
I won't buy Krogers meat. I bought some ground beef, noticed it was a week over date & it was as red as the day I bought it.

clark123456:
@tcdawg This was Cryovaced, but I noticed it is "select" which means it is closer to taco bell than Ruth's Chris.  Oh well, I'm in now.

It was relatively inexpensive per pound in the package (3.99), but after cutting down the fat (trimming), it was roughly 4.50/lbs. 

I wanted a packer brisket (whole brisket) and couldn't find one at publix, Costco, whole foods, or Wal-Mart.  I'll sill do my best with it and hope it is tolerable.  I'll also make a note to avoid Kroger. @bigprince

I'm doing normal prep; salt & pepper, and a pinch of love.

More information to come tomorrow.  I put the smoker in my shed...I hope it can maintain the temp tonight.

- Torg

tcdawg:
I have tried one of the Wal Mart cryosealed Briskets and it was that same Select and same price. It came out very tasty, all that ate it loved it. But I was disappointed personally.

Kind of hard to explain but it was really good but not f***ing awesome.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version