OTHER INTERESTS > Grillin' & Chillin'

Whole Brisket from Kroger

<< < (2/3) > >>

Mortalis5509:

--- Quote from: Big Dave on January 09, 2016, 05:44:55 PM ---I won't buy Krogers meat. I bought some ground beef, noticed it was a week over date & it was as red as the day I bought it.

--- End quote ---
Not to there defense but maybe they didn't program the date correctly or forgot. They probably have to set different dates for different items.

On a different note, anyone looked into ageing meat? I might start looking into it.

clark123456:

--- Quote from: Mortalis5509 on January 09, 2016, 10:00:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: Big Dave on January 09, 2016, 05:44:55 PM ---I won't buy Krogers meat. I bought some ground beef, noticed it was a week over date & it was as red as the day I bought it.

--- End quote ---
Not to there defense but maybe they didn't program the date correctly or forgot. They probably have to set different dates for different items.

On a different note, anyone looked into ageing meat? I might start looking into it.

--- End quote ---

The next time I find whole brisket of choice or prime in the Cryovac, then I plan to grab a couple of them and put them in the fridge for a few weeks.  That's the only aging I'm currently planning to do.

Mortalis5509:

--- Quote from: clark123456 on January 09, 2016, 10:08:40 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

The next time I find whole brisket of choice or prime in the Cryovac, then I plan to grab a couple of them and put them in the fridge for a few weeks.  That's the only aging I'm currently planning to do.

--- End quote ---
Well its more involved than that. I don't know that your fridge will allow it to survive that long. Heat, light, and oxygen degrade food.

clark123456:

--- Quote from: Mortalis5509 on January 09, 2016, 10:17:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: clark123456 on January 09, 2016, 10:08:40 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Well its more involved than that. I don't know that your fridge will allow it to survive that long. Heat, light, and oxygen degrade food.

--- End quote ---
I guess I need to research it better!  thx

Big Dave:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

It was in my fridge for about 2 weeks. I can't seem to keep meat more than a few days before it starts to loose it's red color.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version