OTHER INTERESTS > Guns & Self Defense

Bit by the gun bug

(1/11) > >>

tjsahara00:
Well you remember I bought my first hand gun in December.
Ruger LC9s and have been to the range 3 times. Started thinking
about getting a full size. Did some research and watched a bunch
of youtube videos. Not ready to spend the bucks on the big name
hand guns yet so I ordered me a Taurus PT809 yesterday. Should
be here by Saturday.

kent10sne1:
Nice Kevin, im looking to use my GSSF coupon to get a G19 Gen 4   

tcdawg:
Keep you eyes out for gun stores that get old service weapons, they usually go at a real good price.

Dana Safety Supply right near Allsouth had a batch of Glock 22's from the Spalding County Sheriff's office a few years ago.  They had about 20 when I went in and got to pick the best looking one.  They are well used but also well maintained.  I got it for either $250 or $300, something like that. Great full size .40 cal

8lugLJ:
Personally Kevin, i freaking love Taurus stuff, lotsa hate out there for just the few minor things that they have had problems with. I have owned several PT 92 variants, an 809, and Beth carries a ultralight .38 as well, loved every one of them and never had any issues. I have been looking at the G2 PT 111s myself, for a backup/hideaway/under desk/whatever gun. The 809 cant be beat for the money with the features and capacity IMHO.. if you dont like it let me know and ill take it off your hands lol

like @tcdawg said, used service stuff is cheap, and usually well maintained. aimsurplus.com always has that used stuff, especially Glocks, u can buy em online and have em shipped to an FFL, my local guy charges $20 ea for the transfer. Also i cant remember if i have the name right, but maybe "the armory" in Athens does alot of police trade in stuff

cru9:
http://www.clydearmory.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version