OTHER INTERESTS > Grillin' & Chillin'

Smoking a Chicken

(1/2) > >>

prjohnson:
So, everyone loved my Butt  //;D// this past weekend, that my wife wants me to smoke a Chicken. I imagine it's not going to take 24 hours like the butt did, but how long should I expect? Give me all pointers you can think of. Any recipes, a good brine, or whatever else.

Thanks.

jc79:
I like to butterfly (sometimes called spatchcock) whole chickens and turkeys. Cut the backbone out and flip it back over. I cook at 350 and it always takes right at an hour and ten minutes for a chicken. I go as high above the coals as possible and direct heat.

Take the time to do an hour of a basic brine (sugar and salt) and you're pretty much guaranteed a tasty bird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DOUG:
We do stand up beer chicken almost every weekend for some meal at the lake... delicious moist mouth watering chicken.

Big Dave:
The title is misleading. I clicked on expecting to find a much different subject.

prjohnson:

--- Quote from: Big Dave on January 15, 2016, 03:56:16 PM ---The title is misleading. I clicked on expecting to find a much different subject.

--- End quote ---

I'd hate to know what you thought if you clicked my other topic "My First Butt."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version