OTHER INTERESTS > Grillin' & Chillin'

Smoking a Chicken

<< < (2/2)

prjohnson:
Basically I forgot to check back prior to starting the bird. Had a few cocktails & threw some stuff together. Brined the chicken, then used a basic rub that I can't quite remember. I wasn't sure about the smoking temp, so I just stuck with the same 230/240 I used for the Butt. I smoked it for a couple hours, but It just didn't feel right. I took it out & wrapped it in bacon & brushed honey all over it, then put it back on the smoker. I was worried the honey would take on too much smoke, so I cut that off for the remainder of the time. Once I felt the bacon the had cooked all the way, I covered it in BBQ sauce & left it. This chicken took about 10 hours! I was worried it would have dried out, but it was perfect. The smoke flavor was just right & the bacon had candied. It Really wish I had some pictures this time, but it turned out excellent!

tcdawg:

--- Quote from: prjohnson on January 18, 2016, 08:28:38 AM ---Basically I forgot to check back prior to starting the bird. Had a few cocktails & threw some stuff together. Brined the chicken, then used a basic rub that I can't quite remember. I wasn't sure about the smoking temp, so I just stuck with the same 230/240 I used for the Butt. I smoked it for a couple hours, but It just didn't feel right. I took it out & wrapped it in bacon & brushed honey all over it, then put it back on the smoker. I was worried the honey would take on too much smoke, so I cut that off for the remainder of the time. Once I felt the bacon the had cooked all the way, I covered it in BBQ sauce & left it. This chicken took about 10 hours! I was worried it would have dried out, but it was perfect. The smoke flavor was just right & the bacon had candied. It Really wish I had some pictures this time, but it turned out excellent!

--- End quote ---

10 hour chicken, wrapped in hone and bacon...epic

BUT, I hate to be the bearer of bad news:    Pic's or it didn't happen :)

prjohnson:
I wish I had some when it was done.

Raisinhead:

--- Quote from: prjohnson on January 18, 2016, 09:18:14 AM ---I wish I had some when it was done.

--- End quote ---

Good save with the pics.

I still haven't done a whole chicken in the egg yet. I'd like to get one from Cajun Specialty Meats that's already stuffed. Damn, now I'm hungry.

tcdawg:

--- Quote from: prjohnson on January 18, 2016, 09:18:14 AM ---I wish I had some when it was done.

--- End quote ---

Damn nice work right there

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version