OTHER INTERESTS > Guns & Self Defense

Gun Show this weekend at Gwinett Fair Grounds.

<< < (2/3) > >>

cru9:
State of Georgia as of now is a one registration state meaning once the gun is purchased at the store it can be resold with registration again to the new owner

SemperFiArms:

--- Quote from: cru9 on January 19, 2016, 06:43:33 AM ---State of Georgia as of now is a one registration state meaning once the gun is purchased at the store it can be resold with registration again to the new owner

--- End quote ---

Huh, can you explain that a little better?

Purchases in Georgia are not registered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cru9:
Georgia law as of now you don't have to reregister a gun if it's not bought from a FFL dealer. So if 2 guys sell and purchase a gun in Walmart parking lot or in an aisle at a gun show

cru9:
Like when I sell guns I will usually ask to see a DL to make sure they are from Georgia and to make sure they are of age.

This is the gray area that they are trying to close down tight.

The thing about a back ground check is if you have a CC permit they don't do a background check but every 5 years. A lot can happen in 5 years

When you fill out the paper work at a gun store correct it doesn't go anywhere besides a file box in the store for 7 years

SemperFiArms:
10-4

Your original post confused me a bit.

Technically GA does not register firearms. When the gun is purchased the 4473 stays with the dealer as a permanent record. That information is not transmitted to any office or agency. The only exception would be the multiple handgun sales form.

The only way LE can determine who purchased a firearm is to trace it. If one is recovered that was not reported stolen is they will contact the manufacture who will report its sale to the distributor. The distributor will tell them which FFL and so on.

You are correct the John can sell to Jim and there is no record of the sale unless they keep a bill of sale for their own reasons.

I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version