BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Applebee's in Dawsonville  (Read 2686 times)

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Applebee's in Dawsonville
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2017, 03:56:00 PM »
I can't believe its draw this much discussion either. There must be a epidemic.

Offline BeerIAm

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2017, 06:20:07 PM »
What's Applebee's?
Dan
2013 JKU

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2017, 11:32:01 PM »
Democrats must have came up with the tipping pool. You they like the redistribution of wealth.
Sure, because a Republican would expect the price of the item to be the final price.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Correct. It is the final price. Tipping is a separate​ transaction and optional.  I tip 25% or more for great service. 5 or 0 and pay cash if it sucks.

In many of the countries I travel to, a tip is not understood or expected.  Why is it that in the US the servers are paid a lower rate and tips are expected? Is it to encourage servers to do a good job and let the customers determine their success or failure? Bad behavior shouldn't​ be rewarded because it is "expected".  Tips are not automatic if you suck.  I see tipping as the much desired and paid for customer survey and feedback platform.  Rather instant too. 

I can't believe there is this much discussion about Applebee's.  What do you expect? It's a chain serving pre-prepared meals so little talent is needed   Go to a locally​ owned restaurant and get to know them. They are hard getting hard to find though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
What is their rate of pay? How much does the meal cost because if they are paid a higher wage, then the meal must cost more. In return CC' S fees eat more so that has to be factored in. Yes, it ends up being the same. I bet by being tipped the server would make more. Some tables run you like a personal servant for 10% or less, just because.

Server min is $2.25. If tips do not pull you up to the min wage $, then the restaurant is suppose to make up the difference. Based on a pay period.

There was some person somewhere  (not here I think) that said he doesn't tip male servers really because he doesn't feel it's an appropriate job for them or some b.s. excuse like that.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2017, 12:15:02 AM »

Democrats must have came up with the tipping pool. You they like the redistribution of wealth.
Sure, because a Republican would expect the price of the item to be the final price.

Correct. It is the final price. Tipping is a separate​ transaction and optional.  I tip 25% or more for great service. 5 or 0 and pay cash if it sucks.

In many of the countries I travel to, a tip is not understood or expected.  Why is it that in the US the servers are paid a lower rate and tips are expected? Is it to encourage servers to do a good job and let the customers determine their success or failure? Bad behavior shouldn't​ be rewarded because it is "expected".  Tips are not automatic if you suck.  I see tipping as the much desired and paid for customer survey and feedback platform.  Rather instant too. 

I can't believe there is this much discussion about Applebee's.  What do you expect? It's a chain serving pre-prepared meals so little talent is needed   Go to a locally​ owned restaurant and get to know them. They are hard getting hard to find though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

There was some person somewhere  (not here I think) that said he doesn't tip male servers really because he doesn't feel it's an appropriate job for them or some b.s. excuse like that.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That's effed up, IMO.

I did listen to an economic podcast where the profiled a restaurant owner who moved from tip based server wagers to including the gratuity in the meal cost.  He did this since the cooks were basically getting paid the same amount they made in the 80s, while servers were making about30 times what they made in the 80s; however, raising prices to enable higher pay wasn't competitive, and while the servers were willing to share their tips with the cooks, it was illegal in their area.  To combat this situation he included gratuity in the price which enabled him to pay the cooks more, and he guaranteed the servers they would not lose any pay for the first three months.  It turned out to be pretty good overall.  The customers liked it, the cooks were happy, and servers made what they would have anyways.  The surprising thing is that servers could now take off for things that normally they would have just worked through, such as kids plays/recitals/etc, vacation, and other things that normally would have eaten into their pay.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM