OTHER INTERESTS > Grillin' & Chillin'

Big Green Egg - no more debate

(1/10) > >>

BigMike:
Roswell Hardware is right down the street from my house.  I was in there on Sunday looking for something and looked at their HUGE display of BGE's and accessories.  Since 90% of the time, I grill for just 2 or 3 people, I'm thinking the Large would be the right size.  They're running a sale now and the Large BGE, next, ash dohicky, 20# charcoal, and grill grabber is $799.  Looking at the accessories it looks like someone could go broke on those alone.  Must haves are a cover and shelves.  What else?

I'm still debating.  I have to replace my grill in the spring.  I probably use it 3x a week.  Then there is the whole learning curve. 

Raisinhead:
That's a good deal.  The large will be fine for you. You can cook more than you'd expect in a large.

You can get accessories for much less, especially if you buy off brand stuff. I have a loof lighter that I think is okay, but think I'm going to switch to a map torch.

Lastly, do it already. Learning curve is easy. People actually think I know how to cook occasionally.

clark123456:

--- Quote from: BigMike on February 16, 2016, 08:37:58 AM ---Roswell Hardware is right down the street from my house.  I was in there on Sunday looking for something and looked at their HUGE display of BGE's and accessories.  Since 90% of the time, I grill for just 2 or 3 people, I'm thinking the Large would be the right size.  They're running a sale now and the Large BGE, next, ash dohicky, 20# charcoal, and grill grabber is $799.  Looking at the accessories it looks like someone could go broke on those alone.  Must haves are a cover and shelves.  What else?

I'm still debating.  I have to replace my grill in the spring.  I probably use it 3x a week.  Then there is the whole learning curve. 

--- End quote ---

I think I saw a similar price with nest and wings and some other stuff at Cooks Warehouse in Marietta/Roswell (near Merchant's Walk).

Damn, 2 to 3 times a week is pretty intense...The egg seems like a perfect choice since it is a lifetime cooker.

jc79:
If you use it 3x a week you'll get your money's worth quickly.  And you won't have to replace it for a very long time. 

It takes 10-15 minutes to be ready to cook, but most of that is waiting for it to reach temp once you've lit the charcoal.  I say go for it if you're intrigued.  If you don't like it there's gonna be someone ready to buy it from you and you're not out much money.

clark123456:

--- Quote from: jc79 on February 16, 2016, 09:15:24 AM ---If you use it 3x a week you'll get your money's worth quickly.  And you won't have to replace it for a very long time. 

It takes 10-15 minutes to be ready to cook, but most of that is waiting for it to reach temp once you've lit the charcoal.  I say go for it if you're intrigued.  If you don't like it there's gonna be someone ready to buy it from you and you're not out much money.

--- End quote ---

And that is the reason to buy a BGE versus another product...just like with Jeep parts, good brands are always worth something later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version