BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Big Green Egg - no more debate  (Read 5091 times)

Online Slippery

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Big Green Egg - still debating
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2017, 12:53:54 PM »
I feel like I'd hesitate to cook as much on an XL

Why?

Pure speculation since I don't own one. More lump needed, slower to get going (I think), more expensive accessories. I have a family of six and one large is plenty for us. I never hesitate to fire it up even for something small.  Don't get me wrong, I think the XL would be awesome for big groups and parties. I know Tony has loaded his large with at least two pork butts, but I bet you could do 4.
My large is much easier to work with than my medium, go figure. XL is a beast but i want one. Cuz has at the lake and i love it.

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • My Build Thread
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2017, 12:57:32 PM »
Here you go
Jay
2011 JKU

"Sometimes you have to go home now, in order to go big later" - someone that understands life

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2017, 01:42:58 PM »
I fit a 20lb pork shoulder on a large. You cooking for just you mainly, correct? Large is more than enough. Ceramic grill store sell tier systems and all kinds of stuff. I run a 2 tier from them on my large.

Buy a large and save up for a mini for wheeling trips. When I get my enclosed trailer I want a small on a nest.

Buy the nest and then build a table. I have a small draw for stuff and then a big draw for the charcoal. I have a large stand I need to sell.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Online tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2017, 02:13:35 PM »
Don, Not only did Roswell Hardware do CFR right...they also have great egg prices in general.

The Large really is a great size. When you actually look at the XL, it's freaking huge.

I have a sick plan for a mini max system on my trailer. More on that at a later date.

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2017, 02:16:14 PM »
Don, Not only did Roswell Hardware do CFR right...they also have great egg prices in general.

The Large really is a great size. When you actually look at the XL, it's freaking huge.

I have a sick plan for a mini max system on my trailer. More on that at a later date.

Whatever your plan for the mini is, I hope I'm there and that it includes that delicious Maker's bbq sauce you had at Hale last year
Patrick

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • My Build Thread
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2017, 04:18:24 PM »

Very nice.  I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Speaking of that... I've been dreaming about replacing the area where my toolbox is on my trailer with a drum smoker...  When I get a welder I was thinking that would be a good project to weld it up with bolts attaching it to the trailer.

Both of these projects have been approved for billing
Jay
2011 JKU

"Sometimes you have to go home now, in order to go big later" - someone that understands life

Online Anvilsam

• Just a core member who can't read good
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2017, 05:26:55 PM »
That's a great idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online cru9

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2017, 06:25:35 PM »
Nice purchase.

Bobby

Online jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2017, 06:34:03 PM »
GATR BBQ at Don's. . Congrats on the purchase.
John
2000 TJ

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • My Build Thread
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2017, 08:08:34 PM »

The guy there said he was friends with Jay Desilva.  I told him I didn't know who that was. 

Hilarious!!
Jay
2011 JKU

Online clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2017, 10:12:02 PM »
That's a great idea

Hello, my name is Don.  I'm a newbie to the BGE.  I told Roswell Hardware I was there becuase they donated to CFR and to sell me everything I needed.  They forgot to give me the bag of charcoal but told me to come back tomorrow and pick it up. Table, large egg, bunch of other stuff I don't know what any of it is. The guy there said he was friends with Jay Desilva.  I told him I didn't know who that was. 

Total cost?  Rough numbers, if you're willing to share.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Thanks, Dandelion!

Offline jc79

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2017, 11:41:13 PM »
The guy there said he was friends with Jay Desilva.  I told him I didn't know who that was. 

Did he say friends or "friends" because that makes a difference.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 11:43:01 PM by jc79 »
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)