BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Who knows Honda 4 Stroke dirt bikes?  (Read 257 times)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Who knows Honda 4 Stroke dirt bikes?
« on: February 16, 2016, 04:34:37 PM »
Can anybody help my buddy and his boys get these dirt bikes running that were given to them? 
Models that need a tune up/carb adjustment and/or replacement:
1999 XR200R
1999 XR70R
2003 XR50R
All Hondas.
Near Windemere

Offline 94xjsport94

• Visitor
  • Cherocar
Re: Who knows Honda 4 Stroke dirt bikes?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 07:55:29 PM »
Take them to my friend Erik at Gainesville motorsports. Best there is.
Will

94 seXj

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 08:56:01 PM »
Thank you.  He might later but he didn't want to take them anywhere if he doesn't have to. 

He had a home fire over the holidays and recent deaths in the family and wants to do it in the garage with the boys with a little help but he is happy to provide payment, beverages, food, whatever.

I think they all run now for a second or two...
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 08:56:39 PM by Doug »

Offline prjohnson

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 07:27:09 AM »
I don't have time to drive that far, but those XR's are usually something very minor. From experience, the carb will need to be cleaned very well before any adjustments should be made. Without seeing it, it's tough to say, but usually cleaning the carb, rinse the tank with fresh gas to get the crap out, fuel lines & plug should at least get it to fire, then adjust/replace from there. Oh, Change the oil too.
Really with I could help, I miss working on bikes!
Perry

Offline ranier1315

• Visitor
    • Flameshots Photography
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 09:40:15 AM »
I don't have time to drive that far, but those XR's are usually something very minor. From experience, the carb will need to be cleaned very well before any adjustments should be made. Without seeing it, it's tough to say, but usually cleaning the carb, rinse the tank with fresh gas to get the crap out, fuel lines & plug should at least get it to fire, then adjust/replace from there. Oh, Change the oil too.
Really with I could help, I miss working on bikes!

all of this! the biggest problem with older toys is that they weren't built to use ethanol fuel. The ethanol eats up rubber and seals in the carbs causing carb problems. It may take several attempts to clean the tanks to stop the problem from reoccurring. The varnish on the tank from the older fuel will be cleaned off. This is not a good thing. The varnish usually comes off in chunks and if it doesn't it will still settle in the carb causing a gummed up mess. Depending on the price it may be cheaper to buy a new tank and clean/rebuild the carbs.
Marc, Tracy, Jordan, and Tyler Allen

"Some women are like scooters, you have fun ridding them, you just wouldn't want your buddies to see you ridding them......" - A very wise man.

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 12:31:52 PM »
ive had em all thru the years, if I were him, id take the time with his boys and strip the tank and carbs off and just take them somewhere and pay to have new rebuild kits installed and be done with it, otherwise he will just chase his tail.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 04:26:11 PM »
Thanks guys!  All passed on now.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM