BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: March 18-20 Golden Mtn pictures and stories  (Read 14115 times)

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
Re: March 18-20 Golden Mtn pictures and stories
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2016, 11:01:22 AM »
Not sure if he was headed up to ride with us or just ride there also.  Saw the fb post and yeah not good.  Looked like a nicely built Jeep.  Was wondering what happened(didn't know he didn't make it up) and if he had a front cage or not. Horrible he lost his best friend but looks like he's lucky to be alive. 

On FB,  post is on the big ga group's page.

@jd30005 That is the Jeep I asked you about. Thought it was you man... He was going to Golden, then changed his mind and headed to Morris. He turned around to cover his dog with a blanket and lost control. That Jeep was in bad shape! When we passed him there was about 20 police cars around him.

Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2016, 11:01:47 AM »
I would like to think everyone in this club for one of the best trips I have been on in a long time.The fellowship is unbelievable you guys know no strangers. I'm glad I have started to come out and be apart of your rides it's awesome.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

It was fun, sometimes we drink a bit to much at night by the fire and the language is not female approved, but we all are just trying to capture a small part of life we find enjoyable and share it with each other.   
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 11:02:34 AM by kent10sne1 »
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline Cleveland99

• Visitor
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2016, 11:07:18 AM »
Not sure if he was headed up to ride with us or just ride there also.  Saw the fb post and yeah not good.  Looked like a nicely built Jeep.  Was wondering what happened(didn't know he didn't make it up) and if he had a front cage or not. Horrible he lost his best friend but looks like he's lucky to be alive. 

@jd30005 That is the Jeep I asked you about. Thought it was you man... He was going to Golden, then changed his mind and headed to Morris. He turned around to cover his dog with a blanket and lost control. That Jeep was in bad shape! When we passed him there was about 20 police cars around him.

Offline ranier1315

• Visitor
    • Flameshots Photography
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2016, 11:09:48 AM »
Here's the first video I have. This is the group on Friday going up the Jungle bridge.

/>

Marc, Tracy, Jordan, and Tyler Allen

"Some women are like scooters, you have fun ridding them, you just wouldn't want your buddies to see you ridding them......" - A very wise man.

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2016, 11:10:18 AM »
Yup
Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Offline tj05world

• Visitor
  • snowman
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2016, 11:11:06 AM »
I feel so bad as I saw him on the side of the road with all the cops.god is with him and all of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zack

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2016, 11:11:24 AM »

Damn... was he trailering or driving the jeep?  Terrible news about his dog but thankful he survived. 
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline tj05world

• Visitor
  • snowman
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2016, 11:12:25 AM »

Yup
lmao I had asked why the booster chair?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zack

Offline Cleveland99

• Visitor
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2016, 11:12:38 AM »

Damn... was he trailering or driving the jeep?  Terrible news about his dog but thankful he survived.
Driving up no trailer

Offline tazstoy

• Visitor
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2016, 11:58:21 AM »
just wanted to jump on here and say thanks to everyone for the great weekend I lost track of who all did the food but it was outstanding like always and thanks to Danny for coming through for us again on the pavilion. glad I was able to get some redemption from 2 years ago when I blew my 9 inch up.
Todd, Marie  and son goes by Tim or Timothy

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2016, 01:43:05 PM »

Damn.  Does show that the OEM cages save lives, but are one-time-use. 
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2016, 02:00:22 PM »

Debated on saying this as I'm not sure I'm saying it right but -
 It's horrible he lost his best friend like that and he's lucky to be alive.  Terrible accident and reminds us to keep your eyes on the road at all times.  I really hope he recovers both physically and spiritually fully.  Whenever something like this happens I always try to see what I can learn from it.  As mentioned, a reminder to keep your eyes on the road and anything can happen at any time.  The other thing,  and this is not a criticism at all as it may not have changed one thing but,  it is also a reminder to me looking at his windshield and the rest of the Jeep,  please guys,  spend the money on safety as you build your jeep up.  The stock cage is ok but if that had been me,  I'm not sure I could have scrunched down enough not to be dead from where that windshield ended up.  I saw a jeep at Jeepfest take a slow roll over a small obstacle and crush the windshield in similarly.  If you're Jeep is getting to be more capable,  don't forget the safety things too. A good number of us have covered that well with our builds but just something to look at if you haven't. Again,  not a criticism at all,  not meant toward him at all, he was lucky enough already and might not have made a difference and I really hope he has a speedy recovery. 

I agree Don, and I understand your perspective.  After I put my cage in for Moab last year, I realized how silly it was to have delayed so long, all while being able to justify bigger axles, tires, wheels, transfer case, etc that put me in the situation where I would more likely need the cage...irony.  In the end, if you are ever going to have a cage, there is limited net financial benefit to delaying putting it in.

This trip was the first one where I dropped out of 4.3:1 to the 2.72:1 and ran the jeep around the dirt/gravel trails at speed.   My ORIs allow a ton of body roll with very slow recovery (remember, the benefit of an ORI is no push-off/rebound), and I could see where the extra body lean could be an issue in a high-speed emergency maneuver situation.  I wouldn't write this incident totally off to being 'just lost control' and might consider whether his ORI setup impeded his potential recovery of control of the vehicle.  I'm not stating that all ORIs will experience what concerns me, but I can tell you that I believe I should tune mine before getting on the blacktop.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM