BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: March 18-20 Golden Mtn pictures and stories  (Read 14115 times)

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
Re: March 18-20 Golden Mtn pictures and stories
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2016, 02:15:09 PM »
Same advice on cages.  When I got the ref TJ a couple of years back the first thing I had done was the cage build, and of course got to "use it" the next month at Moab.

I can't tell how the yellow Jeep was built, but lift and bigger tires will make a rig more top heavy.

As for the ride, it was the best one in quite some time - dry rocks and beautiful clear weather.  John did a great job leading on Friday and Saturday.  Props to Jay and Kent for exceeding their comfort level on Razorback.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2016, 02:22:22 PM »
Same advice on cages.  When I got the ref TJ a couple of years back the first thing I had done was the cage build, and of course got to "use it" the next month at Moab.

I can't tell how the yellow Jeep was built, but lift and bigger tires will make a rig more top heavy.

As for the ride, it was the best one in quite some time - dry rocks and beautiful clear weather.  John did a great job leading on Friday and Saturday.  Props to Jay and Kent for exceeding their comfort level on Razorback.

Nice, Kirk throwing out 'props'...

Great point...Jay freaking rocked it all weekend;  Tony was going to show off his panties and avoid the Jungle, until Jay did it without any provocation.   Tony may see it differently than I described :)  Now, Jay did make me a bit nervous on Razorback in my Jeep when it did what felt like he 'stood it up', but he didn't panic, pushed in the clutch and let out on the brake, and we were safe again...I was further impressed since it was a concerning position to be in for anyone, but he did what he should have done to recover.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2016, 02:49:30 PM »
I could have pushed more, but Jay got the kick ass award this weekend, i really enjoyed ridding with Wes and getting to see the big boys in action sat. afternoon (photo rider).  Wes, Tony, Danny and Todd continue to impress me on how well they can wheel, hope i can grow up one day to be 1/2 as good as they are. 

Clark and John are already legends along with kevin and kirk and rob  i really enjoy watching you guys make it up stuff , i still am amazed.

now with Jay moving into the omg group, all i am waiting for is his thread when he starts to buy his towpig.  lol  .. now jay.. dont hate, u know its going to happen.  ;)  its all good..  this past weekend will be memories for me to pull on while i watch some horney dude marry my daughter..   im trying to figure out how to get my knife thru the airport.. hmmmmm
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
March 18-20 Golden Mtn pictures and stories
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2016, 03:01:29 PM »
Thanks guys, greatly appreciated!  Speaking of cages, I was glad you had a cage when we did that Clark!!  Driving yours was a really great experience, that transfer case is a damn game changer. I was like a kid on Christmas Eve all weekend!  Dry rocks + solid upgrades = epic weekend. I was surprised after not wheeling in a while that I felt very comfortable right away. I'll attribute that to the new cage and anti rock. - oh and wheeling with all built TJs for a while, I had to represent for the JKs. :)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 03:02:41 PM by Raisinhead »
Jay

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2016, 03:16:16 PM »
The 'Jungle' was interesting;  I'd heard about it on a previous trip but never saw it.  From a prior photo it looks as if Tony was doing it the opposite direction we did (we had right turn into it).  My rig is narrower than stock 1-ton so there was no issue on getting through.  I'd wondered if a 4DR would have a problem.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline Cleveland99

• Visitor
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2016, 03:52:37 PM »
I would like to thank mark aka michigun man for letting me tag along and for all the great guidance I learned a lot as usual plus Clark your welcome for the Fire!!!! And just FYI not that slab the other one

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 03:53:06 PM by Cleveland99 »

Offline steve.workman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2016, 05:02:21 PM »
Had an awesome time! Look forward to another trip to this park. Great group to wheel with.
Steve Workman

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2016, 06:05:44 PM »
Nice pictures and good reports.

Safety is big. Harness are just as useful as cages, go hand in hand. I DD my green tj and use the lap belt so for those who drive your jeep a lot it's not a problem. Agree with others, a real cage needs to be first. I think jeep words it as a sport bar to cover them on liability. When spending the money on a cage makes sure it can survive more than one roll. Never know when it can flip multiple time. Also a firm believer in seats on cage and cage tied to grame. Like they say with motorcycles, it's not if you will, but WHEN. You could be doing the smallest obstacle and things can go wrong before you can do anything about it. We don't need funerals or seriously hurt people.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline ranier1315

• Visitor
    • Flameshots Photography
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2016, 10:20:01 AM »
Here are my shots. Once again this is not all of them. You can go to my website to see the complete collection. This is just the highlights. Direct link to the Gallery
https://flameshots.smugmug.com/SmugPreview/GATR-Golden-Mountain-2016

« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 10:45:07 AM by ranier1315 »
Marc, Tracy, Jordan, and Tyler Allen

"Some women are like scooters, you have fun ridding them, you just wouldn't want your buddies to see you ridding them......" - A very wise man.

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2016, 10:28:26 AM »
Marc, u got a link to your website?
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline ranier1315

• Visitor
    • Flameshots Photography
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2016, 10:45:42 AM »
Marc, u got a link to your website?
Sorry. Just updated the post with a link to the gallery.
Marc, Tracy, Jordan, and Tyler Allen

"Some women are like scooters, you have fun ridding them, you just wouldn't want your buddies to see you ridding them......" - A very wise man.

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2016, 10:53:53 AM »
Awesome pics Marc.  The jungle was very cool.  Golden's version of Lions den.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM