BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Opinion on Towing  (Read 634 times)

Offline b1pig

• Visitor
    • b1pig's Web Page
Re: Opinion on Towing
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2008, 03:56:39 AM »
let me make a suggestion. if the ramp is full width with steel mesh... and you can get away without need of the ramp... remove the ramp.

i have a 6.5-ish by 15'-ish dual axle trailer that i have towed with all of my vehicles. the ramp catches alot of wind and it is VERY apparrent behind my JK. Even my Tahoe downshifts all the time with the ramp on it... particularly when there are strong winds.

otherwise, keep the overdrive off (if auto) and drive on. my JK is an auto and wont haul with the O?D on. i think it is a little harder to put a tranny cooler on the JK since it has all metal lines. you have to either cut the line(s) or find matching connectors. i didnt inspect real hard, but i didnt see the usual rubber line on the return side.
'07 Unlimited Rubicon.. aaaalllll black, baby!
'98 ZJ converted to 4wd w/5.5"& 33s, '90 Geo Tracker 5" susp/b.l. & 30's
"People Eating Tasty Animals" -bumper sticker on a Chevy
ZJ 2wd->4wd Conversion,CJ5(the one we sold),MY MSN PAGE,Death Wobble

BigJerm

Re: Opinion on Towing
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 07:54:30 AM »
let me make a suggestion. if the ramp is full width with steel mesh... and you can get away without need of the ramp... remove the ramp.

Wish I would have thought about it lastnight. I pulled it home from my brothers. Not to bad a ride, took about 1/4 tank of gas to do it though. I didnt use OD, never have in any vehicle when towing. I pulled it to work this morning in traffic... that kinda sucked but made it here and I leave for Columbus after work.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM