BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: CFR 2016 - post up pics, videos, carnage, stories  (Read 12103 times)

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
Re: CFR 2016 - post up pics, videos, carnage, stories
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2016, 06:17:22 AM »
Thanks for the update Bobby......
Just so glad that we all can pitch in and help.
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline gint2

• Visitor
  • RAINMAN - 18436572
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2016, 06:34:38 AM »
Thanks Bobby.  That little guy has captured a lot of hearts. 

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
JK-AJ

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2016, 06:38:45 AM »
Thanks Bobby.  That little guy has captured a lot of hearts. 

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
Yes he has. No matter how many times I see his picture or go over to the house it tears me up. He has developed an awesome personality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobby

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2016, 07:10:29 AM »
I just wanted to post a recent picture since CFR back in May. Reid sure is growing up quick. He had a rough week last week but he always finds away to keep a smile

Hang in there Reid!!!!!

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2016, 07:31:37 AM »
Bobby, is there a real cure in the works, or is it treatment and experimental, or treatment and research?

Your family is strong, for sure.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2016, 07:49:23 AM »
Bobby, is there a real cure in the works, or is it treatment and experimental, or treatment and research?

Your family is strong, for sure.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
There is no cure at this time. The bone marrow transplant that he had last year  is an experimental procedure that is helping him heal faster. But doesn't stop the problem just a quicker recovery. They are working on another experimental procedure that falls under skin cell transplant but the hospital is fighting with all of the government agencies to get it approved. If I remember correctly my brother said Reid will be the first for this. They were suppose to be up in Minnesota now doing it but the hospital had to post pone due to all the red tape crap.

Bobby

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2016, 09:12:17 PM »

Bobby

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
CFR 2016 - post up pics, videos, carnage, stories
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2016, 06:00:03 AM »
Reid had a rough Labor Day weekend. He was crawling as any  young toddle would do and fell. When his face hit the floor this is the outcome.

We will be releasing Crawling For Reid 2017 dates soon. We will be changing things up a little this year. CFR will be raising money for Reid but also will be raising money for Dr Tolar at The University of Minnesota Children's Hospital. We have to help find a cure for this awful disease.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 06:03:18 AM by cru9 »
Bobby

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2016, 08:50:53 AM »
Thanks for continuing to keep Reid in our thoughts. We all like to think of him as this little boy with a constant smile battling a horrible disease. This photo shows us the reality of his daily struggle, its not anything to smile about. He's just plain tough and this is a horrible disease.

I found a fundraising site once before that allowed me to register so that I could email out to my friends and family an email with a link to the Tax deductible charity. My brother's employer (the GAP) matches for Charitable contributions, as long as he can provide  the name of the organisation etc.

In the past I was raising monies for Special Olympics. A prize was offered to whomever raised the most. I would think this would inspire some fundraising, although I think Jay already has a Big Green Egg.  //;D//

What is the name of Dr. Tolar's Research program? or will all that be announced with CFR '17 ?
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2016, 08:51:47 AM »
Reid had a rough Labor Day weekend. He was crawling as any  young toddle would do and fell. When his face hit the floor this is the outcome.

We will be releasing Crawling For Reid 2017 dates soon. We will be changing things up a little this year. CFR will be raising money for Reid but also will be raising money for Dr Tolar at The University of Minnesota Children's Hospital. We have to help find a cure for this awful disease.

It kills me to see such a minor thing for 99.9% of the kids be such a major setback for Reid.  It breaks my heart.

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2016, 08:58:22 AM »
The real sad part about the accident this weekend is Reid knew what happened but never shed a tear. This pour boy has lived with extreme pain his entire life he doesn't know any different.
Reid mom Audra is having a real hard time. The amount of stress and emotion that her and my brother have bottled up inside is unbelievable. After Reid got hurt this weekend she broke down pretty bad. We need both Reid's parents to be able to hold it together for Reid's sake. It's not going to get any easier anytime soon.

Bobby

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2016, 10:05:52 AM »
Have dates been announced for 2017?

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM