BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Unlimited Off-road Expo 2016  (Read 4323 times)

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
Unlimited Off-road Expo 2016
« on: May 24, 2016, 04:37:51 PM »
Headed to the unlimited off-road expo in Louisville next weekend. SFWDA needed volunteers to work one of their booths so I will be doing that Saturday afternoon. Plan to walk around and see the sights the rest of the time. The vendor list looks promising to check out some cool products I can't afford.

http://uorexpo.com/

Also, since I have to drive right past it, I plan on stopping at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green on the way back.

Anyone else planning on going?

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
Re: Unlimited Off-road Expo 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 04:45:13 PM »
Jacqie and myself talked about going and setting up the CFR tent. They gave us a spot but I think we are going to pass now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobby

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 05:40:36 PM »
Jacqie and myself talked about going and setting up the CFR tent. They gave us a spot but I think we are going to pass now.

Off topic but Canton has a jeep night theme for the first Friday downtown event in September. Maybe something to set the CFR tent up at. We go to first Friday somewhat regularly and they have a decent turnout when the weather is good. I plan on taking the Willy's down for the show, could put some CFR info on it too.

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 07:08:34 PM »

Off topic but Canton has a jeep night theme for the first Friday downtown event in September. Maybe something to set the CFR tent up at. We go to first Friday somewhat regularly and they have a decent turnout when the weather is good. I plan on taking the Willy's down for the show, could put some CFR info on it too.
Keep us in the loop. We would meet you down there.
Bobby

Offline wejeep

• Visitor
  • Moab 50+x
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 10:16:37 AM »
My wife and I plan on being there.  I like the way you think...we may check out the Corvette museum, too.
Lee and Margie

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 02:27:47 PM »
My wife and I plan on being there.  I like the way you think...we may check out the Corvette museum, too.

I'll be at the SFWDA land use booth from 2-6pm on Saturday if you are walking through.

-Scott

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 08:18:24 PM »
Hit up the expo today. Lots of cool stuff to look at and touch. Grown up toy store for sure. I took some pics but not that many. I was busy checking out parts and discreetly climbing under rigs on display to check them out. Besides after taking a few pictures  $100K buggies they all start to look the same. I'll post what I have a little later.

@wejeep  - Lee it was nice to meet you today. See you out at a ride soon.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 08:56:12 PM by Scott F. »

Offline Cleveland99

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 08:54:57 PM »
Seen some videos looks to be a good event

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 10:51:00 PM »
There was a big turn out. The KY expo complex is a large place on the opposite side of the interstate from the Louisville airport. They recommended using the entrances off of the surface streets instead of the interstate exits. I disregarded that and ended up waiting about 30 minutes in traffic to get in and get parked. There were other events going on in the expo center so all the traffic wasn't just off-road attendees.

One of the other events going on next to the UORexpo was this, somehow I feel like this was a poor scheduling decision.

Lots of recognizable rigs and builds that I have followed online were here.

AEV had a some vehicles on display.  @jd30005

The custom jeeps from Moab EJS were there. I really loved the style of the CJ5-esk Jeep Shortcut.

Really liked the blend of classic style and modern capability on this jeep:

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2016, 11:03:08 PM »
This was a neat but expensive setup. Gooseneck camper and hauler. All aluminum construction with triple 7K axles and 18 foot deck behind the living quarters for your rig.

I asked the builder and he said the trailer itself is around 14k before you load your rig on the back. This was a classy version of the redneck haulers you see with the truck slide in camper bolted to a gooseneck trailer. It had all kinds of great underbody storage bins and compartments. I could see myself hauling this out to Area BFE and just setting up for the week.

The back has and hinged dovetail that you can drop for loading if needed. This one was built so that both low clearance cars and jeeps could drive on with the included 8ft ramps.

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2016, 11:07:15 PM »
Katie wanted me to get a selfie...

JKU with a hellcat engine. I should have taken a video of him reving it up....great sound.

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2016, 11:17:19 PM »
This was for sale for $125,000!! It had a JK fiberglass front clip on it.

Funny shirt

I enjoyed talking to the Prodigy guys about their turbo setups for JKs

And PJ from M&M Off-road- fellow North Carolinian

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM