OTHER INTERESTS > Guns & Self Defense

Rifle safe

(1/3) > >>

Raisinhead:
I'm looking to get a rifle safe and wanted suggestions. I only need it to store 3-5, but would potentially like it to hold more depending on cost. School me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raisinhead:
Good questions. Primarily for safekeeping from the kids. They have also been taught not to touch them, but just extra safety. (Wife's concerns). I figured I'd go ahead and have one to prevent theft as well. Not overly concerned with fire. I could care less about brand name high end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Dave:
Sounds like you need a steel gun cabinet. A Stack On 8 gun costs $120 & a 14 is $150. I'm sure there are other more expensive options.

I've found that Dicks seems to be the highest in prices. I shop at Academy Sports. But got my cabinet online from Home Depot. Plus,  it came assembled. 

Mortalis5509:
Get one that is a little bigger than you need that way you can store documents, emergency cash, jewelry, ect that is fire proof. Find all kinds of use other than guns. Heavier they are, harder for someone to take out. More locking bolts and fire resistance, longer it takes to cut into.

DOUG:
A small one is only as good as how you bolt it down and to what.
Bolt it to the concrete floor in a basement, into studs in a closet. 

I've always gone the beautiful corvette finish route, and then hide it lol.  I'd like to have a small one in the master closet. 

When I had less children lol I put dead bolts that looked like knobs on a closet with security hinges and a solid door.  Never knew what was there and burglers don't look in upstairs linen closets.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version