BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Beasley Closed?  (Read 2036 times)

Offline Grass Janitor

• GATR STAFF
Beasley Closed?
« on: April 30, 2008, 09:10:15 AM »
According to the USFS website Beasley is currently closed.  I called the ranger office and their automated message said it was closed and is generally closed during periods of wet weather.  Those of you that are familiar with Beasley, do you think it will be closed for the May 10 ride?  I didn't bother to try to talk to someone in the ranger office about it but I'll call again if need be. 
Sam- Silver 2012 JKUR on 37s

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
Re: Beasley Closed?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 09:15:45 AM »
They were open this year. They probably dont update there site or voice message. As long as its dry then you should be safe to assume.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

BigJerm

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 09:16:08 AM »
Call Friday after 1 p.m. They make the final call Fridays around noon and once it is decided it stays that way all weekend no matter if it pours or not a drop falls. BUT you have to talk to someone, let the recording run first and then get someone. They don’t always update the message and site right away. I had to do this a few Fridays ago but ended up going to Morris Mountain instead.

Offline Grass Janitor

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 10:31:42 AM »
They were open this year. They probably dont update there site or voice message. As long as its dry then you should be safe to assume.

That's what I figured too, but the site shows it being closed as of April 28, 2008.
http://www.fs.fed.us/conf/conditions/index.shtml#ohv

It may just be a decision they made following the rain this past Sat-Mon and it will re-open when everything dries out.  I'll give them another call, I don't get to ride very often so I've really been looking forward to the 10th. 

Offline Grass Janitor

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 10:52:46 AM »
Just talked to them, it's just a temporary closure due to rain.  Sounds like we'll just have to call at the end of next week to check the status before we head up there.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 11:06:27 AM »
Good deal. I am going to try and make this ride as well with it being so close. Probably bring my wife, if she will go.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Daniel

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 06:13:21 PM »
Good deal. I am going to try and make this ride as well with it being so close. Probably bring my wife, if she will go.

I had forgotten about this.   Hmm.... I still haven't wheeled Beasley so, I'll go if it's open.  If not, Bass Pro Shop is the closest thing going on that day.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM