MEMBERS DISCUSSION AREA > General Discussion

Flip, flop and roll over situations....

<< < (2/22) > >>

jc79:
Good topic. Just good to keep it in everyone's mind.

The pic of me above isn't as bad as it looks. I think the passenger rear shock still has some travel so the tire was firmly planted. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tcdawg:

--- Quote from: BigPrince on June 21, 2016, 11:03:15 AM ---
--- Quote from: tjsahara00 on June 21, 2016, 04:17:27 AM ---This picture scares the hell out of me......
looking at that rock and if they went over on Jays side!!

--- End quote ---

Good thread and good pic but just a comment,  I thought JC was stable through that if that is on Upper Heldorado.  I didn't have that back angle to see the tire droop but he seemed perfectly fine.

--- End quote ---

yep, Helderado.  That Boulder field after the offcamber section through the big rocks.

I was spotting/picture taking...he really was not that tippy at all, that LJ works well. 

cosimpson:
When I rolled at Choocoo ( 3 rolls) I had new cage and factory seatbelts. Ridding with others is one of the best safety equipment.

tjsahara00:

--- Quote from: tcdawg on June 21, 2016, 12:06:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: BigPrince on June 21, 2016, 11:03:15 AM ---
--- Quote from: tjsahara00 on June 21, 2016, 04:17:27 AM ---This picture scares the hell out of me......
looking at that rock and if they went over on Jays side!!

--- End quote ---

Good thread and good pic but just a comment,  I thought JC was stable through that if that is on Upper Heldorado.  I didn't have that back angle to see the tire droop but he seemed perfectly fine.

--- End quote ---

I was spotting/picture taking...he really was not that tippy at all, that LJ works well. 

--- End quote ---

Glad he wasn't.....good picture for people to see how it could
happen and what might happen when you hit the ground.

It still scares me when I look at it because 2 more feet and my
head would have landed on a rock when I flopped over. Just
trying to raise awareness on the possibility's.

jc79:
Its good to talk about this.  The more it comes up, the better chance we have to react with the right instinct (hands in, harness tight) should it happen to us.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version