BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: EFile for SBR or Silencers  (Read 3488 times)

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
EFile for SBR or Silencers
« on: July 12, 2016, 09:23:57 AM »
Tomorrow is the last day for Efile. I bet this is the governments way of shutting down people buying short Rifles and cans.

I also just heard they are trying to ban the sale of Armor Piercing rounds now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobby

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: EFile for SBR or Silencers
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 10:37:41 AM »
Tomorrow is the last day for Efile. I bet this is the governments way of shutting down people buying short Rifles and cans.

Serious question as my ignorance to the needs of gun owners is pretty high:  Is there a need for civilians to have Armor Piercing rounds?
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 10:41:54 AM »

Serious question as my ignorance to the needs of gun owners is pretty high:  Is there a need for civilians to have Armor Piercing rounds?
My question to you.

Why not?

It's just another way our Awesome government is trying to rule everything and takes guns and ammo out of everybody's hands. Not sure if you would call for sure call them armor piercing more than Steel core projectiles. That seem to fall in the same category. 

Bobby

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 11:15:57 AM »

My question to you.

Why not?

It's just another way our Awesome government is trying to rule everything and takes guns and ammo out of everybody's hands. Not sure if you would call for sure call them armor piercing more than Steel core projectiles. That seem to fall in the same category. 

Use of armor piercing rounds seems like an escalation that isn't needed (kind of like the concept of MAD), but I was hoping for a better reason than a question of, "Why not?".

I wonder if/why we should limit sales of military grade, or style, weaponry to civilians.  If I have the cash, I should be able to have RPGs, full auto rifles (or three shot bursts), grenades, etc, based on the concern of being limited by our government. 

I do not understand why certain things are considered legal, and others are not, even if a need has not been identified. 

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 11:18:36 AM »

My question to you.

Why not?

Use of armor piercing rounds seems like an escalation that isn't needed (kind of like the concept of MAD), but I was hoping for a better reason than a question of, "Why not?".

I wonder if/why we should limit sales of military grade, or style, weaponry to civilians.  If I have the cash, I should be able to have RPGs, full auto rifles (or three shot bursts), grenades, etc, based on the concern of being limited by our government. 

I do not understand why certain things are considered legal, and others are not, even if a need has not been identified.

Things like full auto rifles you can buy if you have the money and want to do all the paper work and wait to be ok'd by all the government authorities.

Bobby

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 11:59:02 AM »
Clark - do you really need a diesel? It's polluting the environment so I don't think you should have it. There are plenty of bikes you can buy.
Lol! 

Bobby

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 11:59:04 AM »
Clark - do you really need a diesel? It's polluting the environment so I don't think you should have it. There are plenty of bikes you can buy.
No..you are correct...wait for my new thread.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 04:51:25 PM »
You going to recycle veggie oil?

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2016, 05:06:42 PM »
Just what we need... Clark distributing the smell of bacon all the way to Golden

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2016, 10:22:34 PM »
Just what we need... Clark distributing the smell of bacon all the way to Golden

Supposedly the DEF makes it smell
like baked goods

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2016, 09:36:39 AM »
I understand what Clark is saying because where do you draw the line between what the government allows you to own and at what point does it infringe on your Liberty.  Why is beer/liquor legal and not pot or cocaine?  I'm a staunch defender of Liberty and the 2nd Amendment but wouldn't like the idea of people being able to buy RPG's.  People with enough money can literally get anything they want.  There is private ownership of P51 Mustangs and Sherman tanks. 

As citizens that (are supposed to) control the government, how much Liberty do we want to surrender?  Everyone sees it differently and most don't stop to think about what it really means to give up their Liberty.  If the government can restrict your Liberty for one thing, what is to stop them for doing for another thing?

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2016, 09:50:54 AM »
I understand what Clark is saying because where do you draw the line between what the government allows you to own and at what point does it infringe on your Liberty.  Why is beer/liquor legal and not pot or cocaine?  I'm a staunch defender of Liberty and the 2nd Amendment but wouldn't like the idea of people being able to buy RPG's.  People with enough money can literally get anything they want.  There is private ownership of P51 Mustangs and Sherman tanks. 

As citizens that (are supposed to) control the government, how much Liberty do we want to surrender?  Everyone sees it differently and most don't stop to think about what it really means to give up their Liberty.  If the government can restrict your Liberty for one thing, what is to stop them for doing for another thing?

You do understand my point.

I was not trying to be provocative in my first response...I wasn't sure if there was an actual reason for armor piercing rounds...besides piercing armor (like bear hunting, hog hunting, etc.)   if a civilian having armor piercing rounds is for 'just because' or 'piercing armor', I really didn't see the harm in making them unavailable to civilians, unless we fear a tyrannical government.  If the reason is for stopping a tyrannical government, then I would push for their availability staying strong, and adding RPGs and other high level fire power to the list of things available.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM