BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: JULY 15TH-17TH : Hale Mtn Pictures and Stories  (Read 10570 times)

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
Re: JULY 15TH-17TH : Hale Mtn Pictures and Stories
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2016, 09:50:04 AM »
I'm sure, just my luck.  going to head to Allsouth today or tomorrow to pick up my MC rear Adj sway bar i got from Don.
Track bar?

ya ya..  i was in a hurry.. sorry..
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2016, 09:50:49 AM »
had to bail out Saturday morning and cmon home, late friday evening my fan got into the shroud and overheated. tore the plastic outta the way and kept wheeling before i knew what had actually caused it. Checked it Saturday morning when we got to the parking lot and realized all 3 of the bolts on the driver side had worked loose and 2 of them had sheared off at the block, letting the motor and drivetrain shift, causing the fan to destroy the shroud. I had already hooked up the trailer and was planning to head out Saturday afternoon, so i just went ahead and loaded the LJ and headed out... Just couldnt force myself to take the time to fix it in a parking lot and it 90* out. It will involve pulling the motor more than likely, sucks because it was avoidable with a simple check before heading out, i just missed it.

Other than that, had a blast. and yes the Chiggars were horrible, im probly bit 50 or so times.
Well if you have to pull the motor might as well put a better one in...

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2016, 10:17:38 AM »
had to bail out Saturday morning and cmon home, late friday evening my fan got into the shroud and overheated. tore the plastic outta the way and kept wheeling before i knew what had actually caused it. Checked it Saturday morning when we got to the parking lot and realized all 3 of the bolts on the driver side had worked loose and 2 of them had sheared off at the block, letting the motor and drivetrain shift, causing the fan to destroy the shroud. I had already hooked up the trailer and was planning to head out Saturday afternoon, so i just went ahead and loaded the LJ and headed out... Just couldnt force myself to take the time to fix it in a parking lot and it 90* out. It will involve pulling the motor more than likely, sucks because it was avoidable with a simple check before heading out, i just missed it.

Other than that, had a blast. and yes the Chiggars were horrible, im probly bit 50 or so times.

thats a big nope.. they guys were already talking that smack when i was loading up. I want to build a 4.7 stroker for it before i do some swap thats gonna cost retarded money. i have the spare motor to do it, so i wont be down for an extended amount of time.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2016, 10:25:40 AM »

Bummed I didn't get to wheel with y'all. Hopefully GATR fest...

And all of y'all must have scared off the chiggers, I didn't get a single bite from anything this wekend (no poison ivy either!)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2016, 06:23:00 PM »

thats a big nope.. they guys were already talking that smack when i was loading up. I want to build a 4.7 stroker for it before i do some swap thats gonna cost retarded money. i have the spare motor to do it, so i wont be down for an extended amount of time.
Do you have a good stroke shop?  I might be interested.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2016, 06:33:55 PM »

Do you have a good stroke shop?  I might be interested.

At this point I don't even know which stroke you are referring to...
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2016, 07:09:06 PM »

Stroker parts. Not sure if they're what you need, though
https://www.facebook.com/groups/crawlerfleamarket/permalink/1596919053951550/?sale_post_id=1596919053951550

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2016, 07:38:41 PM »
Not quite ready to pull that trigger. And nope on the good machine shop, just got screwed bug time on my lil Toyota motor build

"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2016, 07:45:57 PM »

Tony testing his sidewall patch

Damage from night ride

Nice drive home

Hosed off and tucked in for the night

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2016, 01:04:51 PM »
Sorry for the delay.

Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2016, 10:02:04 AM »
Since there has been some recent discussion (different thread) about helmets, I wanted to comment on the fact that Kevin (Pat's friend in the Yellow TJ on Treps) strapped on a helmet (he had an Axel offroad helmet) before he attempted the obstacle at the Rock Garden.  I thought it was great and it reminded me that I need to find something.  As Kevin and I were discussing, it's about protecting yourself from hitting the roll bar as much as anything. 
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2016, 10:46:05 AM »
Since there has been some recent discussion (different thread) about helmets, I wanted to comment on the fact that Kevin (Pat's friend in the Yellow TJ on Treps) strapped on a helmet (he had an Axel offroad helmet) before he attempted the obstacle at the Rock Garden.  I thought it was great and it reminded me that I need to find something.  As Kevin and I were discussing, it's about protecting yourself from hitting the roll bar as much as anything. 

http://axeloffroad.com/product-category/gear/?lang=en

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM