BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Surgery done finally  (Read 1232 times)

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
Re: Surgery done finally
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2016, 12:22:24 PM »
That's horrible. I have been going through similar things. Getting an MRI next week. X rays haven't shown anything broken but I have been dealing with a good bit of numbness and pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobby

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2016, 12:24:45 PM »
That's horrible. I have been going through similar things. Getting an MRI next week. X rays haven't shown anything broken but I have been dealing with a good bit of numbness and pain.

Dang buddy, we'll add you to the prayer list.  That needs to go away.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2016, 01:38:39 PM »
I'm having a MRI tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure mine is still compressed/slipped disk on L5.  I get numbness in my hands, especially while I drive, but I assumed it was carpal tunnel, not spinal.  How would I know the difference?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2016, 02:37:37 PM »
I hope everyone gets better. My two female dogs got in a fight last night. Not sure why. In the middle of breaking them up my right calf now has 5 holes in it. Pain last night. Stiff today. Cut the front yard and have a push mow. Took an hour. Minor pain, walk with a good limp today. I was happy I could walk today. Last time they got in a fight, my left hand was bit on top and bottom. Wouldn't close  for a few weeks. Took about a month to have some grip strength.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2016, 05:46:58 PM »
I hope everyone gets better. My two female dogs got in a fight last night. Not sure why. In the middle of breaking them up my right calf now has 5 holes in it. Pain last night. Stiff today. Cut the front yard and have a push mow. Took an hour. Minor pain, walk with a good limp today. I was happy I could walk today. Last time they got in a fight, my left hand was bit on top and bottom. Wouldn't close  for a few weeks. Took about a month to have some grip strength.

Last time?  That would have been the last time.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2016, 05:48:59 PM »
I'm having a MRI tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure mine is still compressed/slipped disk on L5.  I get numbness in my hands, especially while I drive, but I assumed it was carpal tunnel, not spinal.  How would I know the difference?

What the MRI doesn't show, the neurologist can poke electrical shock needles in you and measure what your nerves are carrying and tell you a lot more... if the brain doesn't see it, or does see it at a lower %, it will atrophy.

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2016, 06:02:31 PM »

Last time?  That would have been the last time.
I hear you on that. I was trying to break them up and put my hand where I shouldn't have. 100% my fault. I was on the bed and they were on the floor. It was a blind grab for the collar to yank one on the bed. While my hand was bit, I got them apart. These are the kind of fights that no or screaming at them won't stop it. My lab bit me and not on purpose. She is a daddy's dog. She snuggles with me over the wife. She never snapped at people and no temper. Actually loved by all and listens the best. Then the lab foot was so swollen she was at the vet the next day. She wouldn't put any weight on it. 

She got me last night in the calf. Once she realized it was me and not the other dog, she stopped. She is 6 I think. It's easier to get her apart vs the female dalmatian mix that's barely over 1. I was trying to use my foot to stop them. Learned not to use a hand. Damn face went white and i was getting light headed. We had them seperate for the last 6 months until last week when the wife thought it was a good idea to let everyone together. My male lab just looks at them. I think he 8. Both are chocolate.

Very rarely do 2 female dogs get along unless they have grown up together. Male lab just goes with the flow. It would be one thing if I got bit for no reason. I love my female lab.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2016, 06:04:49 PM »
Bobby where is your numbness?

Clark...numbness in both hands is carpal tunnel
numbness in say the left arm down to your hand
would be pinched nerve in the C5, C6 C7 area
Pinched nerve in L5 would be nerves controlling
the lower body.
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2016, 06:29:50 PM »

the lower body.
Ok...that's what I was thinking.  My L5 is likely causing the sciatica, but Kell wanted an MRI since it's been a while since I had one.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2016, 06:53:07 PM »

the lower body.
Mine started out numbness in right upper arm , elbow and two fingers. I also was getting sharp pain in right hip and right calf and shin. I went to several chiropractors and didn't get any relief. I have been going to a spine doctor and have slowly been getting better. I have had several injections in my back to be exact 65. I also have been on muscle relaxers and anti inflammatory medication. The area has pin pointed no in my upper back. The numbness and pain in arm and leg is 90% gone.  Hopefully the MRI will give us more answers.

Bobby

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2016, 07:16:43 PM »
Man Jeeping is the COMMON THREAD!

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2016, 07:39:14 PM »