MEMBERS DISCUSSION AREA > General Discussion

How did you hear about and find GATR?

(1/11) > >>

Krawler00:
Serious question for all the new guys, old guys etc. How did you happen to hear about us (GATR) and what was your first ride with us? Was it a good experience, any suggestions? We are always looking for ways to get our name out there and improve the club to make it the best around so post up!

I just happened to google offroad clubs in GA many years ago and GATR was like the 3rd down on the search listings. Made my first ride at Aetna many years ago. Had a great trip and made some friends on the first trip.

//popcorn//

Anvilsam:
i actually heard about it through bobby many years ago when i sold him my rear bumper. We lost touch for a few years then when i got sick of trying to organize rides with local buddies who always back out at the last minute i got back in touch with him. What i like most is how there is a ride every month regardless. I also know that at any point out on the trail this group of guys and girls is there if i need them.

jc79:
Google search I'm sure... i liked that I didn't have to come to a physical monthly meeting before coming on a ride.  Liked that it wasn't just a "Jeep" club even though I had a Jeep.

First ride was at Durhamtown.  I'd never done any offroading, and only had put my Jeep in 4WD in the driveway I think.  Somehow, I got near the front of the "air down" line.  When it was time to roll, I tried to get into 4LO but it wouldn't move out of neutral.  My CB wasn't transmitting, so all I heard on the radio was "hey, what's the deal up front, why aren't we moving?"...... Doug walked up and rocked the Jeep a little bit which let me shift into 4LO.  Embarrassing?  Yes.  But I appreciated that nobody made a big deal out of it and we had a really good day (for D'town at least).

RedDragonATL:
I'm trying to remember exactly how I found the club...maybe just googling off-road clubs in GA.  My first ride was the forest service ride in a mostly stock 4Runner.  I got hooked quickly and I've been getting poorer ever since.  I think those forest service rides are great for newbies...just not sure how to get more of them to come back for a "real" ride.  Everyone was super-nice and didn't make me feel out of place for my lack of knowledge or rig. 

tcdawg:
I googled and found a few clubs/forums...this was back in 2010 I believe.

Joined both forums, one was GaTR.

Made a few rides with the one N. Ga. club and was not impressed at all.  Even though I was a total nube I wasn't happy with the experience.

Then I made a Gulches ride with GaTR....had an absolutely awesome time.  That was the ride I met Seth, Kevin, Jared and others.  The rest is history

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version