MEMBERS DISCUSSION AREA > General Discussion

How did you hear about and find GATR?

<< < (2/11) > >>

Raisinhead:
I joined another club first, then met Tony, Bobby, and Josh through that. They told me to check out GATR if I wanted to wheel.

I think my first ride was Windrock. It was my first organized ride, so I was a little intimidated and excited. I also slowed us down at the beginning because I wasn't all the way ready in time. Very embarrassed, but like Jared's story, nobody made it a big deal of it. Ended up having a great time. Got some bigger obstacles under my belt, and greatly contributed to my current addiction. Still learning more every ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue J:
I did the Forest Service ride with my friend Seth @Sasquatch and wanted more, bought my jeep a month later.

I think my 1st ride was Beasley Knob, totally stock, got stuck, had fun. I like knowing y'all have my back. On Beasley we had someone bust a steering stabilizer and within minutes he had tools brought to him and we were rolling. I learned a lot about this group on that 1st ride.

I keep inviting people from the FaceBooks page to the forums and have heard on more than one occasion that they were waiting on approvals...I didn't realize there was an approval process. Those FS rides and maybe a class on Winching 101 might draw some people in, but they have to want this type of community and activity.

I think continuing to push the Tread Lightly campaign and SFWDA to the other jeepers in Georgia should be part of our message because the FS roads can't support the level of traffic they are seeing. The off road parks can and do.

jd30005:
Google and then showed up at a ride at Gulches with my 2012 JKU open/open (I see a Gulches theme emerging).  Got hooked on the experience and really liked the people. Quickly determined that I wanted to get something I didn't worry about scratching up and got the TJ and sold the JKU.  I keep learning every time out and have a blast.

ranier1315:
Bought a new jeep. Started upgrading. Found Bobby @cru9 on CL selling some mirror relocation brackets. Next thing you know I'm hooked. LOL

Michigunman:
As I recall it was a combination of Google and WranglerForum.  I was on WF in Michigan so I checked out the Georgia section.  I believe Kevin P and/or someone else may have mentioned GATR when I was looking for people/places to ride.

My first ride I froze my butt off camping at Morris Mtn in February of 2013. 

My frosty Jeep between Blue Wes and White Wes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version