BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: How did you hear about and find GATR?  (Read 5119 times)

Offline Greysducky

• Visitor
Re: How did you hear about and find GATR?
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2017, 07:48:56 AM »
I bought a Jeep had the craving to get it off road, google gave me several options. Most of the options were old clubs that were not active anymore.
  First ride was CFR 17 from meeting some of you at the gate during check in till the time I left I felt welcome. The ride definitely gave me the bug to start upgrading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2017, 10:11:53 AM »
I bought a Jeep had the craving to get it off road, google gave me several options. Most of the options were old clubs that were not active anymore.
  First ride was CFR 17 from meeting some of you at the gate during check in till the time I left I felt welcome. The ride definitely gave me the bug to start upgrading.

That was myself and @Raisinhead that you met at the gate. Im glad you felt welcomed although im a little suprised jay made you feel that way. He's normally the king dbag of the club.

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2017, 10:25:22 AM »

That was myself and @Raisinhead that you met at the gate. Im glad you felt welcomed although im a little suprised jay made you feel that way. He's normally the king dbag of the club.

I was the one not wearing a bro flat bill.
Jay

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2017, 10:35:27 AM »

Saw it on a bathroom wall.  It said "for a good time call"

Jay answered didn't he?

G** D***** Jared!

Still makes me laugh.

Same!
Jay

Offline Cleveland99

• Visitor
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2017, 12:54:32 PM »
2013  I thnk. Googled, found GATR.  What caught my attention was "any 4x4 vehicle, not just Jeeps" I was new to wheelin and wanted a place that me and my truck would be welcome.  Found it!

This was true for me as well. After moving to north GA, Google lead to a lot of clubs in the area that all had Jeep in the title or appeared to be Jeep only.  This was a change for me, in North Carolina rides usually consisted of about half jeeps. In GA it seems everything is 98% Jeep.

My first official GATR ride was March 2013 at AOP pre-opening ride.
So...you're saying Georgians are smarter than North Carolinians.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Being from NC this could be debatable!!!!

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2017, 12:55:37 PM »
Hahaha. Funny stuff Sam

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline beve1661

• Visitor
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2017, 08:54:41 PM »
Josh (JvC) found ya, he was looking for a wheeling group that had the same thoughts and interest about wheeling as he does. He found you and then he told me about ya. 
beve1661

Bill

Offline prjohnson

• Visitor
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2017, 09:45:56 AM »
Needed help putting on a lift nearly 10 years ago. Tedder suggested I come here from Jeepforum. Rowingfish (Kyle) & I think Richard came out to help. Used to go on a few rides a year, years ago, but unfortunately for now I'm stuck reading ya'll adventures. Still have the Jeep, with a little more HP  //;D//, just no free time between work & family stuff!
Perry

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2017, 10:36:10 AM »
I actually don't remember.  I bought an '09 Rubicon in mid '09 and went on a few rides.  Forrest Service Rd., Chocco, and one other place.  Had a great time.  Sold the 09 and went 2 years without a Jeep before I bought my '14 JKR.  Now I can't imagine not owning a Jeep (that will eventually become a trailer whore).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 10:39:16 AM by BigMike »

Offline BGSWOLE

• Visitor
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2017, 01:10:12 AM »
I heard about GATR through a google search. I'm a member of another club in Virginia called Northern Virginia Jeepers Association (NOVA Jeepers). I've done some wrenching parties and trail rides with them and was able to learn a lot (I'm still learning too). There's a lot of good guys in that group. So I wanted my son to be able to experience being part of a group of like minded off road enthusiasts.
Anyway, my first off road adventure was to Durhamtown. My sons and I went but I didn't really know what to do, so we were limited on what we did. Since my son just got his jeep I wanted to help him find a group that he could get involved in (trail rides, wrenching parties, etc...). So far I've been pretty impressed with the forum and the people here. I'm looking forward to going on a trail ride with you guys in the near future.
Rob
2016 JKUR

Offline flimflamman

• Visitor
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2017, 05:58:43 PM »
I stumbled across GATR when I did a Google search for off-road trails near Atlanta. I lurked for a little while and checked out similar groups. GATR stood out to me as the best to join. A couple of reasons for that would be that its clearly loaded with very experienced people, and appears very open to accepting new people.

I spent some years doing grassroots rallycross, most of which I did in SoCal. I made a lot of good friends doing that and enjoyed helping out newcomers as well. Now I'm ready to experience some wheelin' and this looks like a great place to start.
Mike Y
2016 JK

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Offline clarksr

• Visitor
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2017, 07:12:42 AM »
A combo of @tcdawg, and @Chris36l from JKOwners. Both are pretty active on the other forum, and invited me over here. Hope to meet some local Jeepers in the area.
2008 JKU, ProComps, 35 Kevlar MT/R's, Dana 44s, locked, 5.13, Artic Trusses, RCVs, all types of OR-Fab stuff, PIAA's, 2.5in Suspension lift, Warn Winch and some other goodies...

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM