BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Tellico  (Read 20022 times)

ranger11

Tellico
« on: May 01, 2008, 08:33:02 PM »
Will there be any pavement driving from the camp grounds to the trails?
I dont have insurance on the truck but I will put it on if we have to drive on pavement its cheaper than the ticket.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: Tellico
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 08:34:40 PM »
Yes, I hear you better be tagged too, the TN rangers are tough on vehicles without tags and insurance.  Drinking too.

From:  `http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8029853
Stateline is nice. The TN rangers are bad news. Last year we got $125 each tickets for drinking a cold beer while cooking a steak. This was ridiculous!
Bring solo cups and keep cans out of site. When the ranger pulls up solo cups go into the fire.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 08:40:28 PM by Slippery »

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 08:38:52 PM »
I dont have insurance on the truck but I will put it on if we have to drive on pavement its cheaper than the ticket.
If you stay at state line campground on the Tennessee side then no. If you stay at Crawford's there is some pavement to the trails. But even if you stay at Crawfords, you can tow your rig and then leave your truck and trailor and the pay station on trail 1. There should be plenty of room.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

ranger11

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 08:39:42 PM »
Where is everybody staying?

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 08:44:44 PM »
Where is everybody staying?

Pretty sure that everyone is staying at Stateline. I have never stayed there myself, but apparently the rangers are asses. I'm sure other guys will have input on this, but I know tons of untagged and unregistered rigs leave from there and head up the trails.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Chris Hyde

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 08:57:56 PM »
If you stay at state line campground on the Tennessee side then no. If you stay at Crawford's there is some pavement to the trails. But even if you stay at Crawfords, you can tow your rig and then leave your truck and trailor and the pay station on trail 1. There should be plenty of room.

Actually Will.................if you stay in Stateline, you need to be tagged also, NC rangers ticket people for coming from Stateline campground to the NC trailhead checkin without being tagged.  It is a state road right up to the trailhead.  Trust me, if you ride Tellico at all, you BETTER be tagged if you stay in either campground.

ranger11

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 09:11:26 PM »
Thanks guys will call the insurance man in the am.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 10:11:19 PM »

Actually Will.................if you stay in Stateline, you need to be tagged also, NC rangers ticket people for coming from Stateline campground to the NC trailhead checkin without being tagged.  It is a state road right up to the trailhead.  Trust me, if you ride Tellico at all, you BETTER be tagged if you stay in either campground.

Thanks for correcting me.   :)  But I swore I've seen rigs without tags at the stateline campsites.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Chris Hyde

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 10:12:47 PM »
You have, but haven't you also seen speeding, street racing and crack pipes?  ;D

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 10:19:45 PM »
You have, but haven't you also seen speeding, street racing and crack pipes?  ;D

.... touche'    :D   Well that's all that I meant, I've seen 'em. Glad to have it cleared up and know that they'll smack ya for it.  {;-(}
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Chris Hyde

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 10:23:20 PM »
 ;D

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 11:21:01 PM »
Looking forward to this one. I just hope the rangers leave us alone. I have been to some sites where ranger rick gets a bit nosey. I remember somebody saying no alchohol as well. Is this true >:(
I've grown tired of this.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM