BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: 2016 GATRFEST Golden Mtn Pictures and stories  (Read 24489 times)

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
Re: 2016 GATRFEST Golden Mtn Pictures and stories
« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2016, 12:36:59 PM »
The driver side corner on my Jeep rubbed a tree.  I also think I bent a rear axle flange.  There is a rotational squeak coming from the right rear.  It goes away under hard braking. 

Also forgot that I bent the front sway bar links over the tie rod.  HUGE thanks to @Anvilsam for bringing me his stock rears to get me home!

My cart at Metal Cloak is over $3k right now.  Going to call Will @MC to see if I can get a better deal.

As mentioned, you can have the Swaybar links sitting in my garage if you want them.

Sounds good.  Let me know a good day and I'll buy you lunch and grab them.

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2016, 02:02:19 PM »

I was way more out of control than I thought when we headed out...I apologize to everyone...that won't happen again (for a long long long time).  To be clear, it started out with my as a passenger on a trip going to the creek bed.

Many thanks to everyone who helped me, and especially Sam and someone else for saving my life at the top.  That tumble would not have ended well for me.

I started out as the driver on that trip and ended up being the passenger.  Apparently Clark's jeep is way more jeep than I can handle...I couldn't crawl anything all.  Also not sure how we ended up on that trail rather then the creek bed, it was clearly the wrong choice.

Online Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2016, 02:40:18 PM »

I was way more out of control than I thought when we headed out...I apologize to everyone...that won't happen again (for a long long long time).  To be clear, it started out with my as a passenger on a trip going to the creek bed.

Many thanks to everyone who helped me, and especially Sam and someone else for saving my life at the top.  That tumble would not have ended well for me.

I started out as the driver on that trip and ended up being the passenger.  Apparently Clark's jeep is way more jeep than I can handle...I couldn't crawl anything all.  Also not sure how we ended up on that trail rather then the creek bed, it was clearly the wrong choice.

My favorite part was when i asked you for the winch controller and you pulled up a handful of garbage.

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2016, 02:41:47 PM »

The answer is a few posts up.........
Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Online Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2016, 02:42:13 PM »

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This looks like an expensive picture.

I get a little queesy everytime I look at that picture.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yes that fall would've not been good. I gotta say that my buddy bob really stepped up driving me through the start of that trail and home. He also stacked alot of rocks all day. I think he is wanting a jeep now.

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2016, 03:45:50 PM »
I get sick every time I look at the jeep.  I was anxious all day yesterday...

I know how you felt Clark, I was listening to a little squeak, steering wheel off a little, Jeep completely filthy, and when I stopped for lunch I came out a saw the rear corner in the worst possible lights that made it look so much worse.  At one point driving home I just felt like putting my junk up on Craigslist.

I got new rear Chromo shafts ordered from Danny and will probably order the Metal Cloak Overline Full System plus ExoCorner kit from him later this week.  Upgrade though breakage. 

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
« Reply #90 on: August 15, 2016, 03:47:52 PM »

I was way in the back.  Was Wes leading again?

That's another possibility....
Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #91 on: August 15, 2016, 06:11:46 PM »
I get sick every time I look at the jeep.  I was anxious all day yesterday...

I know how you felt Clark, I was listening to a little squeak, steering wheel off a little, Jeep completely filthy, and when I stopped for lunch I came out a saw the rear corner in the worst possible lights that made it look so much worse.  At one point driving home I just felt like putting my junk up on Craigslist.

I got new rear Chromo shafts ordered from Danny and will probably order the Metal Cloak Overline Full System plus ExoCorner kit from him later this week.  Upgrade though breakage. 

This would probably come out completely via PDR

This will take body work and paint .... corner armor. 

Online Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #92 on: August 15, 2016, 06:29:09 PM »
It's a major award!

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #93 on: August 15, 2016, 07:18:31 PM »
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2016, 07:20:54 PM »
It's a major award!
What did you receive it for?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline BlueJew

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2016, 07:46:56 PM »

I was way in the back.  Was Wes leading again?
That was Friday...I was right behind the leader Saturday. 

The thing that really put us in a bind was the dead jeep blocking the bypass.  Luck was on our side when there was a trail hidden to the left that lead back down the hill.  Fun recovery that required everyone to think outside the box. 
Blue Wes

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM