BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: So I have a Question, maybe need some input.  (Read 509 times)

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
So I have a Question, maybe need some input.
« on: August 19, 2016, 12:23:16 PM »
We have been in our house for about 12 years now, the house is about 30.  lots of trees in the back, along the back cornor we have 2 clusters of River Burch, which are 30ft or more. one with 2 trunks and the other has 3.   they are about 1-2 feed inside our fence line, and they break up us seeing our neighbors in the back, they have a pool.  now in the winter i can see the house/pool..  all their comings and goings..   

the river burch causes lots of issues with their pool.  the trees where here before the pool, but where only about  1/2 the size i think at the time they put the pool in, they did that before we bought the house.   we like the back cause of the trees and how its private.

the ppl with the pool approached us a few years ago to remove the trees, i said thats fine but what are U going to plant in its place.  the husband stormed off ..   about  a week ago his wife came over .. same story.  cryed about all the problems the trees cause in keeping her pool clean.

i understood the issue but asked about a cover or something.  she keep complaining.  basicaly wanted me to take the trees down, i told her, well u would need to replace with something that blocks that area as i dont really enjoy seeing yall around the pool blah blah.. she agreed .  i told her i was discussing it with my wife.   

we are planing on selling the house may of nxt year.   anyway..  today my wife called and there where 2 guys up in our trees, on our poperty, cutting down branches..

she went out and told them to get off our poperty. they told her they where only doing what the customer asked.?   

what rights do i have. . some of the very top.. 30ft or so is hanging over on their side of the fense..  im ok with them triming whats hanging on their side.. but not with my side.   

at this point im a bit pissed, we gave no one premission to come in our yard.  they told my wife the only way to trim whats hanging is to be in our yeard up our tree..  what if they fall.. .. anyway i told her to tell them if they come on our property again she is to call the cops..  is that ok?

we never agreed with the ppl on anything..   .. .at this point im about to just never cutt them down. i mean..  come on.. 

so..   what rights as a home owner do i have keeping them off/out of my trees..  ?   
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
Re: So I have a Question, maybe need some input.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 12:39:55 PM »
Call the police and file a trespassing report. They can't legally come on your property and do any changes.

Did you say if the branches hung over the property line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobby

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
So I have a Question, maybe need some input.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 12:48:33 PM »
She said they can only trim what's on their side of the fence

But can not come on to our property or clime our tree to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 12:49:15 PM by kent10sne1 »
Kent Casey

Offline Jeepster1407

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 01:02:03 PM »
Well there you go. Sounds like the law is on your side here...
Most LCOG Builds are like a fat girl in Yoga Pants, just cause it fits doesn't mean it works...

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 01:19:13 PM »
I'd call the cops for them trespassing, destruction of property & vandalism (tree trunk ).
You will need a police report to back you up & lots of pictures of the debris.
Good neighbors you got.

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 01:22:41 PM »
I bet they checked there rights first...
So I would do the police report and actually
contact an attorney if you know one. This
will get ugly before you know it now.
First blood.....
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 01:23:02 PM »
If they somehow damaged your trees and they die, I'd want a record so I could compel the tree co to remove them.

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 01:24:44 PM »
First blood.....

Sounds like the neighbors can do whatever they want, as long as they stay within their yard, which they didnt. You'd think the tree co would know better

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2016, 01:30:19 PM »
First blood.....

Sounds like the neighbors can do whatever they want, as long as they stay within their yard, which they didnt. You'd think the tree co would know better

One would think.  they have left.   we are headed out this weekend to see my daughter in KS. my son is home , hopefully he can keep an eye on it.  he will call the cops if they try something.   i was willing to work with them, but after this..  crap..  im kind of pissed.
Kent Casey

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2016, 01:40:47 PM »
Sounds like the original plants were placed too close to the property line, like most new plants are, to something.

Sounds like following your conversation she attempted to cut the stuff hanging over their property, that is perfectly within her rights.    Sounds like the tree trimmer decided to climb your tree and is at fault.

Those trees make a HUGE F'ING MESS so I understand their plight, but they live in a neighborhood and the trees were there before the pool.

Just tell them you will allow them IN A WRITTEN AGREEMENT to have them removed as long as they plant an equal sight barrier of Leylands at half the height, like these.  Ours are massive.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 01:42:24 PM by Doug »

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2016, 01:46:43 PM »
Sounds like following your conversation she attempted to cut the stuff hanging over their property. Perfectly within her rights.

Nope, they had cutt several limbs that where on our property line.   the trunk is about 2 feed from the fence.  its well within my yard.. i walk between it and the fence often.  a few branches hang in their direction but only a few smaller twig branches at the very top drift over.  they cutt up by the trunk, removeing limbs that where clearly on my side.

Sounds like the original plants wee placed too close to the property line, like most new plants are, to something.
no, plenty of space to walk . .i will post some pics later .. 

Sounds like the tree trimmer decided to climb your tree and is at fault.

He told my wife they where only doing what the customer asked.  so.. who knows...

Those trees make a HUGE F'ING MESS so I understand their plight, but he lives in a neighborhood and the trees were there before the pool.
Sorry, how is that my problem.   as you stated, trees where there before the pool.

Just tell them you will allow them IN A WRITTEN AGREEMENT to have them removed as long as they plant an equal sight barrier of Leylands at half the height, like these.  Ours are massive.
We where discussing, but we told her we needed to talk and get back with here.  apparently they did not want to wait.

[/quote]
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 01:48:12 PM by kent10sne1 »
Kent Casey

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2016, 02:30:19 PM »
Good thing you are selling in a few years. Hopefully it will be to a redneck family with lots of junk cars parked where the trees are or a Hispanic family with lots of kids & enjoy blaring their appropriate musica.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM