BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Sheriffs Jeepfest  (Read 15777 times)

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
Re: Sheriffs Jeepfest
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2017, 08:14:52 AM »
I just go to mull around.  Never hit the trails there because I can't imagine they are worth getting on with a bunch of people that are putting their Jeep in 4WD for the first time.  I know that everyone has to start somewhere but I don't have to be there when they do.  They did have a ride last year and had some stupid rule that you had to have 37's.  So a mall crawler with 22's and 37's could use the trail but a Rubicon with lockers and 35's couldn't.  Again, not that I would have gone on the trails.  Just goes to show the thinking of the event hosts. 

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2017, 08:38:10 AM »
It really is a good time. There will probably be 2500 Jeeps registered. I personally feel that its getting to big to be hosted at such a relatively small place. I'd limit the number of registered Jeeps to XXXX amount & raise the price $25. People will pay it. Too many folks like to spend money to feel exclusive.
This may be our last year due to my above statement & the fact the funds raised on registrations alone contradicts the total amount they claim was raised. Not to mention the food, shirts & whatever else they profit from.
I understand there is some overhead but I believe ALOT of the stuff was donated/strong armed.
Just seems odd or I'm totally off in my thinking.

It costs $-0- to go park, walk around, watch.

You only have to pay to ride so they may have 2000 jeeps and 500 pay.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 08:38:41 AM by Doug »

Offline clarksr

• Visitor
« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2017, 08:39:39 AM »
I just go to mull around.  Never hit the trails there because I can't imagine they are worth getting on with a bunch of people that are putting their Jeep in 4WD for the first time.  I know that everyone has to start somewhere but I don't have to be there when they do.  They did have a ride last year and had some stupid rule that you had to have 37's.  So a mall crawler with 22's and 37's could use the trail but a Rubicon with lockers and 35's couldn't.  Again, not that I would have gone on the trails.  Just goes to show the thinking of the event hosts.

Yea, I saw that stupid rule. It was like "R" rated for "Rough" or some shit. I am like, cool - so some dude with a D30 up front and 37s on 3.73 gears can go. But I can't... okay.  //no//
2008 JKU, ProComps, 35 Kevlar MT/R's, Dana 44s, locked, 5.13, Artic Trusses, RCVs, all types of OR-Fab stuff, PIAA's, 2.5in Suspension lift, Warn Winch and some other goodies...

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2017, 08:51:49 AM »

Yea, I saw that stupid rule. It was like "R" rated for "Rough" or some shit. I am like, cool - so some dude with a D30 up front and 37s on 3.73 gears can go. But I can't... okay.  //no//

They had a trail like that when i last went 2 or 3 years ago. We talked them into letting our small group going on it, and it was nothing but a steep hill with loose dirt and small rocks. It required some speed, but I made it open/open

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2017, 10:31:29 AM »
Be able to get a pretty sweet parking spot at the mall that day //cheers2//
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #113 on: August 11, 2017, 10:39:23 AM »

Its just a way to scare the noobs not to go on it. I went on it with my "33s". You went thru a tiny creek then immediately up a long, steep hill covered in pine needles.

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2017, 02:08:26 PM »
Its a traffic jam on road and off. The vendors area is cool though. I got my Bartac Seat covers last year 10% off and free shipping.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2017, 02:09:08 PM »
Its a traffic jam on road and off. The vendors area is cool though. I got my Bartac Seat covers last year 10% off and free shipping.

Just like Atlanta traffic, don't travel during peak times.  I usually get there early.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM