BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Sheriffs Jeepfest  (Read 15782 times)

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
Re: Sheriffs Jeepfest
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2016, 03:20:02 PM »
It may not be some people's idea of a jeep event, but in the end it's for a great cause and brings like minded people together. I agree the trail rides are pointless they pack so many people on them, but the extreme part of the obstacle course denies a lot of buggies every year.

Great perspective! 

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2016, 03:36:58 PM »
It is fun just to go see all the different Jeep. My wife absolutely loves going & I'm slowly getting her to go to the OHV parks.
The trails are tame but still fun just to cruise them. I went in my Jeep one year & the font end was gutted & no driveshaft. Went on the trails no problem. Last year the worst part of the extreme trail was a really steep hill covered in leaves/ pine needles.
If you go, the best time to go is Friday morning. There is zero traffic. Saturday is a different story.

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2016, 03:40:21 PM »
I've been the last 4 years and it is a great cause. The vendors are great to check out and it's also a blast to just check out the jeeps. I avoid the trail rides after the debacle 2 years ago when I had to tow someone out after he broke both front and rear axles.  I plan to swing by if the weather is good.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline bear991

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2016, 03:42:28 PM »
Last time I went Gatr had a trail El Presidente or something like that. One of the local clubs put together a ride on Sunday that wasn't very technical but still fun. I might ride over there for the day check out the vendors. Sunday was a good day to hit up the vendors
A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do- The Duke

Bear

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2016, 03:54:44 PM »
Last time I went Gatr had a trail El Presidente or something like that. One of the local clubs put together a ride on Sunday that wasn't very technical but still fun. I might ride over there for the day check out the vendors. Sunday was a good day to hit up the vendors
Was that 2013 or 2014? Did anybody at the jeep fest go down El Presidente? I think the only folks to go down it was when we built it.

I love the vendor area. You can find some good used parts on the 1st day and get some good deals on  new stuff on the last day.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 03:56:18 PM by lt99ls1 »
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline bear991

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2016, 03:59:04 PM »
There were quite a few who tried it, only a few made it. Think it was 2014
A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do- The Duke

Bear

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2016, 04:36:43 PM »
Was that 2013 or 2014? Did anybody at the jeep fest go down El Presidente? I think the only folks to go down it was when we built it.

I love the vendor area. You can find some good used parts on the 1st day and get some good deals on  new stuff on the last day.
On the extreme trail one outside made it but he cheated at the beginning. Larry you were the only one to run and to run it both directions. Everybody that tried broke something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobby

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2016, 04:40:02 PM »
where was that trail located? Its a shame it isn't still offered up.

Online tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2016, 04:41:04 PM »

On the extreme trail one outside made it but he cheated at the beginning. Larry you were the only one to run and to run it both directions. Everybody that tried broke something.

Not true, I made it too.

In Larrys jeep :)

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2016, 04:42:05 PM »

Not true, I made it too.

In Larrys jeep :)
True I did forget about that. So we give you a half a point and the killer YJ the other half point.

Bobby

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2016, 04:49:21 PM »

They deemed it too extreme.

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2016, 05:01:23 PM »
It was offsite by the Pickens High School

Bobby

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM