BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Sheriffs Jeepfest  (Read 7598 times)

Online BigMike

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Sheriffs Jeepfest
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2017, 08:14:52 AM »
I just go to mull around.  Never hit the trails there because I can't imagine they are worth getting on with a bunch of people that are putting their Jeep in 4WD for the first time.  I know that everyone has to start somewhere but I don't have to be there when they do.  They did have a ride last year and had some stupid rule that you had to have 37's.  So a mall crawler with 22's and 37's could use the trail but a Rubicon with lockers and 35's couldn't.  Again, not that I would have gone on the trails.  Just goes to show the thinking of the event hosts. 
2014 2D Rubicon, 2.5" Metal Cloak Game Changer ARB, 37's on Racelines, 4.88, Artec trusses, RROR Skids, MC Overline side armor, ACE Pro Series Bumpers, Warn M8000, and other stuff.

Go Dawgs!

Life is hard, it's even harder when you're stupid

Online Doug

• GATR SENIOR STAFF
« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2017, 08:38:10 AM »
It really is a good time. There will probably be 2500 Jeeps registered. I personally feel that its getting to big to be hosted at such a relatively small place. I'd limit the number of registered Jeeps to XXXX amount & raise the price $25. People will pay it. Too many folks like to spend money to feel exclusive.
This may be our last year due to my above statement & the fact the funds raised on registrations alone contradicts the total amount they claim was raised. Not to mention the food, shirts & whatever else they profit from.
I understand there is some overhead but I believe ALOT of the stuff was donated/strong armed.
Just seems odd or I'm totally off in my thinking.

It costs $-0- to go park, walk around, watch.

You only have to pay to ride so they may have 2000 jeeps and 500 pay.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 08:38:41 AM by Doug »
Doug, Linda, Madison, and Megan
JKU Rubi on SD TONS and 40s, Poison Spyder, RockKrawler, Raceline, Misch4x4, ALLSOUTH AUTOSPORTS

Offline clarksr

• Visitor
« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2017, 08:39:39 AM »
I just go to mull around.  Never hit the trails there because I can't imagine they are worth getting on with a bunch of people that are putting their Jeep in 4WD for the first time.  I know that everyone has to start somewhere but I don't have to be there when they do.  They did have a ride last year and had some stupid rule that you had to have 37's.  So a mall crawler with 22's and 37's could use the trail but a Rubicon with lockers and 35's couldn't.  Again, not that I would have gone on the trails.  Just goes to show the thinking of the event hosts.

Yea, I saw that stupid rule. It was like "R" rated for "Rough" or some shit. I am like, cool - so some dude with a D30 up front and 37s on 3.73 gears can go. But I can't... okay.  //no//
2008 JKU, ProComps, 35 Kevlar MT/R's, Dana 44s, locked, 5.13, Artic Trusses, RCVs, all types of OR-Fab stuff, PIAA's, 2.5in Suspension lift, Warn Winch and some other goodies...

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2017, 08:51:49 AM »

Yea, I saw that stupid rule. It was like "R" rated for "Rough" or some shit. I am like, cool - so some dude with a D30 up front and 37s on 3.73 gears can go. But I can't... okay.  //no//

They had a trail like that when i last went 2 or 3 years ago. We talked them into letting our small group going on it, and it was nothing but a steep hill with loose dirt and small rocks. It required some speed, but I made it open/open
Patrick

Online Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2017, 10:31:29 AM »
Be able to get a pretty sweet parking spot at the mall that day //cheers2//
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #113 on: August 11, 2017, 10:39:23 AM »

Its just a way to scare the noobs not to go on it. I went on it with my "33s". You went thru a tiny creek then immediately up a long, steep hill covered in pine needles.

Offline Blue J

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Jimbo
« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2017, 02:08:26 PM »
Its a traffic jam on road and off. The vendors area is cool though. I got my Bartac Seat covers last year 10% off and free shipping.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JKU

Online BigMike

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2017, 02:09:08 PM »
Its a traffic jam on road and off. The vendors area is cool though. I got my Bartac Seat covers last year 10% off and free shipping.

Just like Atlanta traffic, don't travel during peak times.  I usually get there early.
2014 2D Rubicon, 2.5" Metal Cloak Game Changer ARB, 37's on Racelines, 4.88, Artec trusses, RROR Skids, MC Overline side armor, ACE Pro Series Bumpers, Warn M8000, and other stuff.

Go Dawgs!

Life is hard, it's even harder when you're stupid