BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: 2M Rock Garden?  (Read 688 times)

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
Re: 2M Rock Garden?
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2016, 10:10:59 AM »
If they re-open River Rock that may change.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline Jeepster1407

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2016, 10:18:08 AM »

Is there talk of this happening?
Most LCOG Builds are like a fat girl in Yoga Pants, just cause it fits doesn't mean it works...

Online Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2016, 10:42:11 AM »
Where's River Rock?
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

Online lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2016, 10:54:13 AM »

Is there talk of this happening?
Not that I know of.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 11:23:38 AM by lt99ls1 »
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2016, 10:58:14 AM »
Milledgeville.  The owner closed it down in 2010 after his son was killed in an accident, and his wife didn't like it anyway.  A big problem was yahoos drinking on the trails, and insurance was high.  I have heard he reopens for special events, so a reputable club like GATR might be able to rent the park for a weekend.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Online Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2016, 11:10:27 AM »
He opened up for "The Ultimate Adventure " in 2013
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

Online lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2016, 11:23:14 AM »
Milledgeville.  The owner closed it down in 2010 after his son was killed in an accident, and his wife didn't like it anyway.  A big problem was yahoos drinking on the trails, and insurance was high.  I have heard he reopens for special events, so a reputable club like GATR might be able to rent the park for a weekend.
Don't forget he built a house in the "middle" of the park too.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2016, 11:31:34 AM »
And his son is buried on the property at the top of the hill.

Steve does allow a few private rides and he did let the UA guys swing through, and he does let a few friends come and ride, but he doesn't maintain it like he did back then, and it has grown up a lot.  No plans to reopen as an off-road park last time I talked to him months ago.  Mostly placed rocks, and very few natural ledges but a few have been uncovered.  Imho its not worth the trip for most of you when you can be in one of the AL or TN parks in the same amount of time.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 11:32:18 AM by Doug »

Offline marc72

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2016, 11:49:12 AM »
That is some Shady shit then.  As well,  not looking to pick fights but promoting a non-GATR event on the GATR page is shady.  I didn't want to confront the guy but at the same time he said "Come meet us all" when, to my knowledge(limited) none of us are planning to be there.

This is good to know... Super shady....
My friends make me do bad things!
Marc & Kris

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2016, 11:54:47 AM »
That is some Shady shit then.  As well,  not looking to pick fights but promoting a non-GATR event on the GATR page is shady.  I didn't want to confront the guy but at the same time he said "Come meet us all" when, to my knowledge(limited) none of us are planning to be there.

Dudes name that owns it is Jeremy Mcafee, the property and shop is his families, he is the collision repair teacher @ NGA Tech now, i graduated with him years ago, he is super nice and im sure he didnt mean anything by his post, he just wants folks to come hang. If yall wanna clean up that GATR FB page then be fair and kick all the for sale BS off and all the other "non GATR" rides that everyone and their brother puts up there. IMO. I dont even look at it anymore because you have to sift through so much shit. anywho, it may attract douchebags, but the owners are super nice. just sayin. 
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline Jeepster1407

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2016, 12:00:10 PM »

Dudes name that owns it is Jeremy Mcafee, the property and shop is his families, he is the collision repair teacher @ NGA Tech now, i graduated with him years ago, he is super nice and im sure he didnt mean anything by his post, he just wants folks to come hang. If yall wanna clean up that GATR FB page then be fair and kick all the for sale BS off and all the other "non GATR" rides that everyone and their brother puts up there. IMO. I dont even look at it anymore because you have to sift through so much shit. anywho, it may attract douchebags, but the owners are super nice. just sayin. 

I don't think the post was from Jeremy.
Most LCOG Builds are like a fat girl in Yoga Pants, just cause it fits doesn't mean it works...

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM