BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Man cave  (Read 655 times)

Online clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Man cave
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2016, 03:44:15 PM »
Everyone in the industry sells arches in honeycomb blackout every day. Every arch is a half circle and a standard. Super easy. All over google.  All other products will have light lines between vanes or slats.

https://www.google.com/search?q=honeycomb+blackout+arches&oq=honeycomb+blackout+arches&aqs=chrome..69i57.11878j0j4&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
Someone ring the bell, school is in session!
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2016, 04:10:52 PM »
Everyone in the industry sells arches in honeycomb blackout every day. Every arch is a half circle and a standard. Super easy. All over google.  All other products will have light lines between vanes or slats.

https://www.google.com/search?q=honeycomb+blackout+arches&oq=honeycomb+blackout+arches&aqs=chrome..69i57.11878j0j4&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
Someone ring the bell, school is in session!
Not anything you need to place in your memory lol

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2016, 09:24:43 AM »
I'm in the process of finishing my basement.  I haven't needed the room and have worked on it little by little over the years.  The house was built by John Wieland Homes in 2001.  The basement is about 1600sqft of which 1000 will be finished and the rest used for storage.  It has 12' ceilings and the original owners had them furred down to 10' with all of the mechanicals hidden.  The HVAC was already installed and they had two 200A power panels installed. 

I'm finally at the point where it's ready for sheetrock.  I've framed some walls and doors, done 100% of the electrical and plumbing.  The sheetrock company is coming out on 10/24 and it will take them a week to complete it.  Then I will do the trim work and bring them back to paint.  I'll do the tile work in the bathroom and we're still deciding on what material will go on the floor.  I originally plumbed a tub/shower and my wife decided she didn't want the tub.  So I tore it out and installed a shower pan and re-plumbed it.  BTW, anyone need a brand new bathtub? 

The main room is a media room with a bar in the back.  I have a separate 20A circuit running for entertainment power in case I wanted to put a filter on it.  I havnen't picked out a TV yet but it has to be 75" or 80".  I have the main room wired for 7.2 surround sound. 

Here are some pictures.  Hoping to have it done in time for Christmas. 

« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 09:47:03 AM by BigMike »

Online Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2016, 09:49:15 AM »
Did you wire for speakers in any of the other rooms in the basement/ outside?
This is what I do for a living.  I may be able to offer suggestions.
  The company I work for, Georgia Home Theater, is in the process of building our new 20k sq ft showroom, it should be done in a month or so.  It will be a very nice showroom.  We are even putting in a Golf simulator, and will offer those to sell as well.  Cobb parkway across from dobbins.  We also have a store in Buckhead.  Mid to high end audio and video equip/ home automation, alarms, shades, dedicated theaters, housewideaudio and video.
  Come see us!
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2016, 10:11:28 AM »
Did you wire for speakers in any of the other rooms in the basement/ outside?
This is what I do for a living.  I may be able to offer suggestions.
  The company I work for, Georgia Home Theater, is in the process of building our new 20k sq ft showroom, it should be done in a month or so.  It will be a very nice showroom.  We are even putting in a Golf simulator, and will offer those to sell as well.  Cobb parkway across from dobbins.  We also have a store in Buckhead.  Mid to high end audio and video equip/ home automation, alarms, shades, dedicated theaters, housewideaudio and video.
  Come see us!

Thanks!

The original owner wired every room in the house with two Cat 5 and two RG6 coax.  There are also 7 rooms in the rest of the house and both upstairs decks that have speakers installed and they all homerun to the basement.  You did provide me an excellent idea because I forgot to wire for speakers on the two patios going outside of the french doors in the basement. 

I'm also going to install a rack and patch panels in the unfinished part of the basement with all of the coax, Cat5 and speakers. 
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 10:12:42 AM by BigMike »

Online Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2016, 10:27:40 AM »
Look into Sonos for your housewde audio options.  Easy to use and very expandable.  Let me know if you need anything

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2016, 10:33:04 AM »
Look into Sonos for your housewde audio options.  Easy to use and very expandable.  Let me know if you need anything

I'm looking at Sonos because I want to control everything from my iPad or iPhone.

Online Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2016, 10:41:51 AM »
Can't go wrong with Sonos!  I have older clients that use it with ease. (65+)

Offline Jango

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2016, 03:47:26 PM »
https://mortonbuildings.com/project/4353

My future man Cave once I make it big haha
-Connor (Jango... the D is silent and invisible)

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2016, 08:18:39 PM »
https://mortonbuildings.com/project/4353

My future man Cave once I make it big haha

Wow! Yea I could live there!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM