BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Harlan Oct. 13th - 16th Pictures, Videos and Stories  (Read 19773 times)

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
Re: Harlan Oct. 13th - 16th Pictures, Videos and Stories
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2016, 09:49:54 AM »
Great time and love the Oct time slot....loved having daughter with me. Her husband and our friend Zach all had a great time. Thanks for those giving them a seat to ride in.

I'm fed up with the cabins also. The price increase plus the additional charge for credit card is bullshit
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2016, 12:19:53 PM »
I was having a fine time until both my rear driveshaft and winch came apart at the same time at the top of Middle Rock Garden.  After some recovery help from the crew I was able to drive down in FWD to a point where I could load on the trailer.

Rode with John on Saturday and that was enjoyable too.  Thanks buddy!

The small house I rented in Harlan was OK, and if I had someone to share it would have been a good deal financially.  FHarlan it's not a big deal for me to drive to Putney vs. Evarts;  the downside of Putney is a long ride to get to any obstacle trails.

Left Harlan at 5am and home at 10:30.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2016, 01:12:06 PM »
Awesome trip! 
Even though
I towed with the hoe
And I missed the Q

I only enjoyed Thursday and Friday on the trails but I was wiped. 

Enjoyed some
awesome chili thanks @clark123456 and
tasty jambalaya thanks @raisenhead

Thanks for the great spots when I needed them and help navigating.  Hope you guys found some more cool spots. 

Thanks @kent10s and@clark123456 for letting me bunk in. Hope it was more comfortable for you guys after I vacated.

I've stayed at the putney cabins and it is a long ass haul to the good trails, but if we only go in and out once a day, it's not a big deal. The cabins don't bother me when I'm alone, but I get that the ladies would like a nicer place and it would be great to have bigger cabins that sleep more people. 

Please excuse the quick exit. I realized if I didn't roll out soon I wasn't going to make it home before midnight and in time to head to the lake for the 8am fall of the power plant tower/stack that we've looked at for 40 years, and 11 from our beach.

/>
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 01:13:12 PM by Doug »

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2016, 03:46:51 PM »
Heck of a trip as usual! Rocks were nice and dry and luckily no issues with crowds.

Very cool being there this time of the year. I'm all for going to Putney side.

I didn't take many pics this year, but got some of Danny in Lions Den.  It was awesome and he made it look easy
Jay

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2016, 03:49:02 PM »
Jay

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2016, 04:39:02 PM »
Thx, Doug...it wasn't special, and I'm still waiting for Linda to write down her recipe...I'm sure she'll get right on that! 

Tony's butts were awesome, and so was Wes's brisket...I'm glad he brought that smoker on this trip, 'cause it don't get much better than that trip for food after a long day of repairing and winching Justin's junk ( @jeeptrk )  #Iwilldo57forit

I really appreciated John, Justin, Beth, Wes, and Hector ducking around with my tire...I really thought I would only have to air it up a couple of times that day; I'm sorry for wasting so much time. 

Regarding the cabins:  Evarts is very nice for getting gas on the way to the trailhead, and being so close to good trails.  I actually found cabin 1 to be pretty nice, but I'd bring an air mattress next time for the futon...I slept so much better on the real bed after Doug freed it up with his early departure.  Being at Evarts allowed Wes and the cooking team to check on their grub without major wasted time, plus if you need parts or stuff from camp, it's extremely convenient to be on that side.  I did notice the difference between Danny's cabin and my cabin...Kent did well selecting his cabin.

Many thanks to Kent for reserving a cabin and sharing it with me. 
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2016, 05:19:59 PM »
Great trip. Only way I know I was their was I'm in the group pic .  And I'm sure I will be cropped out at some point. 

Ran some great trails did ok. Still need more seat time. I did hang with the big guys with a few hick ups.  All in all enjoyed everyone's company.  Great weather and no lines. Not sure where they all where but we had no issues the whole weekend. Wed thru sun.   

Not sure if I will make any more rides this year. Maybe I can sneak one more in.   Thanks to all for putting up with me. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2016, 05:28:25 PM »
I guess I should also tell you that Jay's jambalaya is fantastic...I don't get Louisiana cooking very often, and it's nice to have it from someone who knows how to do it right.

Now...let the Jay bashing begin!
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2016, 05:52:15 PM »
Thx, Doug...it wasn't special, and I'm still waiting for Linda to write down her recipe...I'm sure she'll get right on that! 

Tony's butts were awesome, and so was Wes's brisket...I'm glad he brought that smoker on this trip, 'cause it don't get much better than that trip for food after a long day of repairing and winching Justin's junk ( @jeeptrk )  #Iwilldo57forit

I really appreciated John, Justin, Beth, Wes, and Hector ducking around with my tire...I really thought I would only have to air it up a couple of times that day; I'm sorry for wasting so much time. 

Regarding the cabins:  Evarts is very nice for getting gas on the way to the trailhead, and being so close to good trails.  I actually found cabin 1 to be pretty nice, but I'd bring an air mattress next time for the futon...I slept so much better on the real bed after Doug freed it up with his early departure.  Being at Evarts allowed Wes and the cooking team to check on their grub without major wasted time, plus if you need parts or stuff from camp, it's extremely convenient to be on that side.  I did notice the difference between Danny's cabin and my cabin...Kent did well selecting his cabin.

Many thanks to Kent for reserving a cabin and sharing it with me.
And cb works from mason jar to the cabins to check on the butts... Doubt would reach the others.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2016, 05:53:38 PM »
Great trip. Only way I know I was their was I'm in the group pic .  And I'm sure I will be cropped out at some point. 

Ran some great trails did ok. Still need more seat time. I did hang with the big guys with a few hick ups.  All in all enjoyed everyone's company.  Great weather and no lines. Not sure where they all where but we had no issues the whole weekend. Wed thru sun.   

Not sure if I will make any more rides this year. Maybe I can sneak one more in.   Thanks to all for putting up with me. 

You did awesome. Get your programme back going and you'll enjoy it more again. Always bring the cables...

Online Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2016, 05:54:51 PM »
I remember on white tail crawl "before jay learned how to use his lockers" how much trouble he had even with Bobby's expert spotting skills. 

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
Harlan Oct. 13th - 16th Pictures, Videos and Stories
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2016, 05:54:59 PM »
X2 to give the Putney cabins a try next year. 

I wasn't happy w the price increase and the 10% up charge for a credit card. BS

Really great trip, enjoyed every part of it. Killer wheeling, awesome eats and camp fire time.

Big, Big thanks to Wes for bringing the smoker.  It was perfect.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 05:57:02 PM by tcdawg »

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM