BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Brisket last night  (Read 1506 times)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Brisket last night
« on: October 23, 2016, 09:39:18 AM »
I smoked a brisket flat overnight.  Wes's awesome brisket, plus a chat with John, made me decide to do one.  I went to 6 places trying to find a whole packer, but had to settle on a flat from Costco. 

I used salt, pepper, and brown sugar for the rub...Wes style.  By the time the juices/blood mixture was done, it was like a glaze; Now it's bark. 

It started to fall apart as I pulled it off the rack...I'm pretty optimistic about this one!  Hopefully I didn't over salt or pepper it...I'm know soon.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Brisket last night
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 10:06:34 AM »
Nice, I did a brisket yesterday (small one) and used the same rub.  Flavor was great, but not near as tender as Wes's lat week.  I suspect due to the smaller flat.  I have a medium green egg that I bought many years ago.  I was reminded why I haven't used it as much with the up and down of the temp.  I have a dual probe wireless remote and the temp was fluctuating every 20 - 30 min.  I am a novice and will need to practice more.  May just get an electric smoker and sell the egg for something on craigslist.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 10:13:42 AM »
  I was reminded why I haven't used it as much with the up and down of the temp.  I have a dual probe wireless remote and the temp was fluctuating every 20 - 30 min.  I am a novice and will need to practice more.  May just get an electric smoker and sell the egg for something on craigslist.

This will change your life. Also, is your seal good? It should not fluctuate that much

http://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwimh-LijfHPAhUXJIEKHfUfAu8YABAD&ei=OMUMWJmPGMPJmQG8hLOgDg&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAASJORoMcbBMURZdO4dh-GgL9JWSDWn-4R1Em1nAwg_qBnICuzA4A&sig=AOD64_2Ed7FGsT9ZtLOndljD24VHaUnm_A&ctype=5&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwiZi9_ijfHPAhXDZCYKHTzCDOQQwg8IDA&adurl=
Jay

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 02:47:40 PM »
This one is even better. Change the temp from the couch or having lunch in town

https://www.bbqguru.com/storenav?categoryid=1&productid=35

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 08:41:15 PM »

This one is even better. Change the temp from the couch or having lunch in town

https://www.bbqguru.com/storenav?categoryid=1&productid=35

There was a point in my life I had more money than wants... then I bought a Jeep and met you guys...  :)

Yeah.... Sorry about that!  Totally my fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM