BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: ANyone running PittBulls 37  (Read 1209 times)

Online jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
ANyone running PittBulls 37
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2016, 12:13:32 PM »
If you're going to do it yourself, it makes it a lot easier if you make a cardboard cut out ring to go around the bolts and number them with the tightening sequence, which is the cross, 90, cross method.

I also have a cardboard cutdown to paint my steel rings.  Can't handle the aluminum gouging that i got with aluminum rings.

John taught me a sweet technique to touch up the steel rings. Love it.

Maybe he will share w you. I'm not at liberty to pass it along.
The suspense @jd30005

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Ha, it's nothing too special.

After the power washing and hand soap wash down make sure your rings are nice and dry. I simply use a small can of rustoleum black gloss paint  and an artist brush and paint any of the rock rash spots. Standard process after each ride because I hate rust spots and it really only takes a couple min per wheel.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 12:14:13 PM by jd30005 »
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: ANyone running PittBulls 37
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2016, 12:17:58 PM »
If you're going to do it yourself, it makes it a lot easier if you make a cardboard cut out ring to go around the bolts and number them with the tightening sequence, which is the cross, 90, cross method.

I also have a cardboard cutdown to paint my steel rings.  Can't handle the aluminum gouging that i got with aluminum rings.

The suspense @jd30005

After the power washing and hand soap wash down make sure your rings are nice and dry. I simply use a small can of rustoleum black gloss paint  and an artist brush and paint any of the rock rash spots. Standard process after each ride because I hate rust spots and it really only takes a couple min per wheel.
Got it. My cardboard has a cut out of a curved slot to match the ring about 8-10" long and I press it against the wheel, spray the clean ring from a few angles, done. Goes really fast. Rustoleum satin.

Online jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2016, 12:20:40 PM »

The suspense @jd30005

Got it. My cardboard has a cut out of a curved slot to match the ring about 8-10" long and I press it against the wheel, spray the clean ring from a few angles, done. Goes really fast. Rustoleum satin.

How do you handle the rash that happens on the inner part of the ring sometimes?  That's where the hand painting works well. And in between bolt heads too.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2016, 12:22:20 PM »

The suspense @jd30005

How do you handle the rash that happens on the inner part of the ring sometimes?  That's where the hand painting works well. And in between bolt heads too.

Inner part doesn't get scratched at school

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2016, 12:23:16 PM »

The suspense @jd30005

I haven't had any there I don't believe as they are a little inset and the mall curbs don't reach there. I'll look tonight.
 #dontwheelenough

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM