BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: KOH 2017  (Read 6063 times)

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
KOH 2017
« on: December 01, 2016, 12:06:51 PM »
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 06:01:43 PM by BigPrince »

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: KOH 2017
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 02:28:21 PM »
Not going to make it this year.
Closest decent hotel is about an hour...
Sleep in the rental in the desert, make a lot of campfire and HammerTown friends.
Take clothes for 9 to 90 and sunscreen
and a GATR DUST/SAND MASK

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 02:35:48 PM »
There is a thread on pirate in the competition section I think about this. 

Now give me hell for the no link but I'm on my phone at the orthopedic office at the moment. It address what your asking. If you haven't found it by this evening, I'll link it from a computer when I get home tonight.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 02:37:49 PM »
So they are taking to long and I found it real quick

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1106787

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 03:13:17 PM »
and a GATR DUST/SAND MASK

Damn I have not been by the shop to pick mine up yet at all.  @Danny Kinder bringing any to Black Moose if I don't make it over before?

Me either, and he has my GATRFEST shirts lol

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 03:33:35 PM »
When I race I'll be looking to team up with someone. Like you, I know nothing. If it's something you want to do in 18' maybe we can work together. We would race on different days so it would work for pit support. Share tent area and so on.

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 03:39:11 PM »

Thanks I had read a lot of that.  It makes it seem to be just too big a deal.  I was hoping I could try to get out there and check it out this year and then next year buy the SuperC, pull the Jeep, have a UTV also to run around hammertown, etc but seems like you need that or need to know someone and I don't know anyone.
I've always only had a rental car.
Drive to lake bed, down to parking at Hammertown, saying high to anybody you see that you told you were coming and you spot their rig and camper on the way in, walk in, might be 100 yards
Walk around HammerTown,
Walk to back door,
Make friends, catch rides,
You aren't going to fit in very many rigs lol

You can have a camper setup and waiting for you if they aren't all sold out.

I usually hang until about dark and then head back to civilization. Race day was the least fun imho. Everybody gone and busy.
The shootout was great back when they did back door.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 03:41:00 PM by Doug »

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 11:54:05 AM »
I went as part of a EMC team in 2012, we rented a Class A and stayed on the lakebed for 10 days. Like Doug said, bring clothes for any temp range and a mask. I had my 450 quad still i ran around on, you will definately want something to piddle around the pits in, they get huge by race day, itd take half an hour to walk from one end to the other. If you do decide to go and noone else does i can hook you up with the Rock Zombies outta Norcal, I made a few friends and we have all kept in touch, plenty of party in that crowd. Dirty Money Racing Team lol. It was a blast all in all, our lil group had a falling out over it, but there was 10 of us in that class A for 10 nights straight, and one of them screwed up and brought his wife along, she hated us all by the end. We also volunteered to help with checkpoints and flagging on the main race day, it was cool at first, but we had to stay at our point for the entire race, 8hrs++, but we got cool swag from it when it was over.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2016, 12:03:05 PM »
I went as part of a EMC team in 2012, we rented a Class A and stayed on the lakebed for 10 days. Like Doug said, bring clothes for any temp range and a mask. I had my 450 quad still i ran around on, you will definately want something to piddle around the pits in, they get huge by race day, itd take half an hour to walk from one end to the other. If you do decide to go and noone else does i can hook you up with the Rock Zombies outta Norcal, I made a few friends and we have all kept in touch, plenty of party in that crowd. Dirty Money Racing Team lol. It was a blast all in all, our lil group had a falling out over it, but there was 10 of us in that class A for 10 nights straight, and one of them screwed up and brought his wife along, she hated us all by the end. We also volunteered to help with checkpoints and flagging on the main race day, it was cool at first, but we had to stay at our point for the entire race, 8hrs++, but we got cool swag from it when it was over.
Sounds freaking awesome!

Yep, no way should a wife and/or girlfriend, be there...
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2016, 02:00:14 PM »

Thanks I had read a lot of that.  It makes it seem to be just too big a deal.  I was hoping I could try to get out there and check it out this year and then next year buy the SuperC, pull the Jeep, have a UTV also to run around hammertown, etc but seems like you need that or need to know someone and I don't know anyone.
I've always only had a rental car.
Drive to lake bed, down to parking at Hammertown, saying high to anybody you see that you told you were coming and you spot their rig and camper on the way in, walk in, might be 100 yards
Walk around HammerTown,
Walk to back door,
Make friends, catch rides,
You aren't going to fit in very many rigs lol

You can have a camper setup and waiting for you if they aren't all sold out.

I usually hang until about dark and then head back to civilization. Race day was the least fun imho. Everybody gone and busy.
The shootout was great back when they did back door.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
In 17' the shootout is backdoor again.

They are also doing a 4500, 4800, 4600, and 4900 qual. Not mandatory but an option for an extra $250. Therw will be live coverage.

All of this per an email I received from u4 today.

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2017, 07:32:19 PM »
Folks ride off course, pre-run parts of the course, night ride on and off course. There is wheeling to be done all around. Much of the stuff is used during the main race but not on other days, and not at night.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 07:35:13 PM by Doug »

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM