BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Christmas SWAG 2016 - what did you get?  (Read 2072 times)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: Christmas SWAG 2016 - what did you get?
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2016, 11:24:48 PM »
What's the story on the heritage flag?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2016, 11:56:43 PM »

One on the right.

Clothes, jacket, himalayan salt block, wife got the Google home thing, beer kit, cook book using micro brew beers, n stuff. Drove home to south ga. New boat shoes since the dog took out my old ones.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2016, 08:13:19 AM »

Here is their site.  Killer hand crafted flags.  Real heirloom stuff.

http://theheritageflag.com/barrel-wood-american-flags?gclid=CNbGzOL3kdECFZI2gQodyZwLIQ

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2016, 10:41:55 AM »

http://theheritageflag.com/barrel-wood-american-flags?gclid=CNbGzOL3kdECFZI2gQodyZwLIQ

I'll add that they are the type of company I love doing business with. Supported CFR, support military, police, firemen. They are very responsive too.
Jay

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2016, 11:28:57 AM »

I'll add that they are the type of company I love doing business with. Supported CFR, support military, police, firemen. They are very responsive too.

Which one is it?  How's it look on the wall??

She got me the full barrel. It's not up yet because I'm trying to figure out an idea that I have to see if it will work, but it's going to be tough.

I want it to hide a tv that is currently mounted over an outdoor stone fireplace. (Covered). My initial thoughts were a swing system, wires and pulley, or a lift  (like the back of an SUV)

Jay

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2016, 08:12:58 PM »
The big ticket item was JKS Quicker Disconnects and almost all of the required tools (tap set, grease for grease gun, etc.).  Now I need to go buy jack stands to put them on.  Not that I mind.   //letseat//

Should be able to knock that project out without jack stands.

That flag is freaking awesome @Raisinhead !!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 08:13:41 PM by Danny Kinder »
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2016, 08:23:45 PM »
Speakers for the jeep, rtic soft 20, exhaust wrap, 700ft of different colored wiring for misc  automotive projects, fuse block, fuses, Poly Performance gift card (for either cutting brakes or double-ended hydro cylinder to replace the single and tierod I currently run, can't decide...), corbeau shoulder pads

Offline Jango

• Visitor
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2016, 09:05:08 AM »
Speakers for the jeep, rtic soft 20, exhaust wrap, 700ft of different colored wiring for misc  automotive projects, fuse block, fuses, Poly Performance gift card (for either cutting brakes or double-ended hydro cylinder to replace the single and tierod I currently run, can't decide...), corbeau shoulder pads

Sweet!!!
-Connor (Jango... the D is silent and invisible)

Offline gint2

• Visitor
  • RAINMAN - 18436572
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2016, 10:59:05 AM »
No Jeep stuff for me either... that seems to happen all year long...  a couple of really cool things I got is an Amazon Tap which I really like. The other I have not yet used is for my Kamado Joe, I got a Pitmaster IQ. I can't wait to try that out. Another really neat thing is a coffee mug that is black until you put hot coffee in it then it turns white with the Masonic logo in black, really neat.
JK-AJ

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2016, 11:58:40 AM »

One on the right.

Clothes, jacket, himalayan salt block, wife got the Google home thing, beer kit, cook book using micro brew beers, n stuff. Drove home to south ga. New boat shoes since the dog took out my old ones.

Change the internal MIM parts in them and you'll have some nice 1911's.  :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 11:59:15 AM by BigMike »

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2016, 12:04:21 PM »

One on the right.

Change the internal MIM parts in them and you'll have some nice 1911's.  :)
You can? It comes apart like a normal gun. There is no bushing that comes out and so on.

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2016, 12:40:59 PM »
I think the quality of the Metal Injection Molded parts that gun manufacturers use have gotten better but Kimber had an issues with some of them years back.  Springfield uses MIM parts as well (my favorite) but I had John Harrison in Kennesaw so some work on mine years ago.  He replaced the crucial parts like the Firing Pin Stop, Slide Stop, Extractor.  Can't remember what else.  He also cleaned up the ramp and did a basic tune up on it.  Cost was about $180.  He is one of the best 1911 smiths in the country.  Back then, he wouldn't do work on Kimbers though. 

It's cheap to replace those parts with machined parts and easy/fun to do.  I'm not sure it's a big worry unless you're putting 5000 rounds a month through it. 

MIM parts on most 1911's unless you buy an Ed Brown, Wilson Combat, Caspian, Dan Wesson, Les Baer, etc.  I would think that the guns coming out of Kimber's Custom shop have mainly machined parts.

Hammer, sear, extractor, firing pin stop, grip safety, thumb saftey, slide stop, plunger tube, mag release, ejector.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM