BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Information on Aetna  (Read 3525 times)

Offline AppYJ

• Visitor
Information on Aetna
« on: May 16, 2008, 08:28:18 PM »
I was just browsing some other sites and came across some information about Aetna.  I thought maybe someone would want to investigate a little further before a trip is planned up there.  Looks like access to the land has been terminated, unless you have a key to the lease property:

The City Council on Tuesday approved a "control gate" at the foot of Aetna Mountain Road in the Cummings Cove development in Lookout Valley.

Alan Solon, a partner in the development of the remainder of Cummings Cove as well as a thousand acres on top of the mountain, said the gate was needed to prevent trespassers and to protect private property.

Steve Leach, city public works administrator, said the old dirt road up the mountain is regularly used by Jeepers and four-wheelers. He said those using the road have destroyed survey markers as well as stolen material at building sites.

There are only a few other property owners on the mountain other than the group including Mr. Solon and the Stein and Chazen families. Doug Stein said families with property on the mountain will be allowed past the gate.

He said those using the road have trespassed on private and created extensive erosion problems.

He said one shirtless, intoxicated man on a four-wheeler recently lost power on his vehicle and helped himself to a nearby golf cart while golfers were out on the course. He said the man drove away on the cart and was later apprehended.

There has been a long-running controversy about use of the road, and the matter went to court at a time when Jimmy Chapin was the managing partner at Cummings Cove.

Mr. Stein said his group now has a good relationship with property owners on the mountain.

The approval was for a "temporary Use" of gating the road.

Posted on: 5/14 13:04:13
1987 Wrangler. Dana 44 axles. 4.56 gears, Detroit locker in rear, ARB locker in front.  Dana 300 transfer case w/ Teralow 4 to 1 gears and Currie Twin sticks.  TF 727 automatic tranny w/ Hurst quarterstick shifter.  2001 Jeep 4.0 w/Borla header, Hesco wiring harness and Hesco crank sensor relocator kit.  Poison spyder crusher corners, Shrockworks rock sliders and TJ flares.  RE 1.5" reverse eye springs, custom shackle reversal, Custom Hi Steer, custom bumpers, Warn 8000i winch, 37" Irock radials.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: Information on Aetna
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 09:03:06 PM »
Oh boy! Chris is gonna be pissed! That blows as I was really wanting to go back when it was dry! That sucks!
I've grown tired of this.

Chris Hyde

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 09:25:43 PM »
Yeah, I have already seen it.  I dont care if they block off that road for a new subdivision, but they wont close Aetna down.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 09:30:33 PM »
Curious as to how this will pan out!?

Chris Hyde

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 09:35:41 PM »
Ehh, people will still be wheeling Aetna.  It's just one of the entrance roads that is getting gated, not the whole place.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 09:37:49 PM »
Probably 10 more ways to get in I'm sure!

RotorHead

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 11:06:01 PM »
Ehh, people will still be wheeling Aetna.  It's just one of the entrance roads that is getting gated, not the whole place.

Where are these other places Chris? Will it force people to get on a lease eventually?

Aetna will be a hard one to fight, if it's private property.

Offline Xterra

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 11:18:53 PM »
oh man, i was really looking forward to the June 7th trip...
2006 Nissan Xterra

1992 Jeep YJ

Chris Hyde

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 09:54:38 AM »
The June 7th trip is still on.

Offline R_jeep

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 01:45:41 PM »
i still plan on being right behind everyone else who shows up for the june 7th ride.  ;D
Im gay!

NOS/86

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 04:54:18 PM »
 :o hahahahahhhahahahhahhahhaaaaaaaaaaa ;D     

Chris Hyde

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 05:02:10 PM »
I just talked to the Pirkins and they are not adding to the lease yet, so as of now, there will be no ride on the 7th of June. :)

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM